Search found 9 matches

by livetheocean
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:07 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: SUP surfing
Replies: 24
Views: 12363

Yep, definitely no need to worry about sinking the nose of the Naish, it's got so much nose rocker you can get away with dropping in super late. Pearling can be an issue on the Fanatic as the nose is so wide and flat, so you need to be more careful about foot placement. It's insane how much more sta...
by livetheocean
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:54 am

The Fanatic 8'6" is way more stable than the Naish - not just due to width but also volume distribution. The rails are super thick and boxy under the centre of the board, and the tail tapers out to a thin swallowtail for better handling on a wave, when you're standing further back and planing. ...
by livetheocean
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm offloading my wave SUPs now I've moved inland to the land of sailing in boardshorts... Just posted a Fanatic 8'6" AllWave (130l) and Naish Hokua 9'3" (125l) in the buy and sell. I'm 175 lbs and they are super stable to paddle but really rip when you're on a wave. and Boards are in Pent...
by livetheocean
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Where to windsurf in Kingston
Replies: 7
Views: 1938

Windsurfing in Kingston

Sandbanks provincial park in Picton is the legendary spot out there for the fall winds - some pretty decent wavesailing there, I hear. Never made it out there when I was living in Montreal (my easy, go-to spot for flatwater blasting was Anse à l'Orme on Lake of Two Mountains), but lots of the guys u...
by livetheocean
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: BOOTIES????!!!????!!!
Replies: 20
Views: 6043

BOOTIES????!!!????!!!

I swear by a pair of Xcel 5mm split-toe booties I've had for years. They're fairly low profile for footstraps and toasty warm, not to mention they have good traction for surfing and SUP surfing too. When they wear out I'll replace them with the drylock version for more watertightness. Coastline seem...
by livetheocean
Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:14 pm
Topic: A fun session today
Replies: 6
Views: 2373

Love it! Reminds me of the old windski I had in Quebec! Must dig up some pics...
by livetheocean
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:15 am
Topic: School me on flatwater SUPs
Replies: 9
Views: 1735

Whopper

KC, pls PM me if your Whopper deal falls through. I have one already and love it, and I'd like another one for my in-laws at the lake, which will save me lugging mine over to Salt Spring all the time! Cheers!
by livetheocean
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 pm
Topic: New intro for old member
Replies: 10
Views: 2456

Hi, Welcome back to the sport - the Jungle will be a great board for finding your feet again, and it'll be fun to paddle in the waves too (and sail in subplaning winds out at JR.) I find that having a sailable SUP has tripled my time on the water (although that's not saying much these days!) If you'...
by livetheocean
Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Brew Tour - Friday, April 27th - Moon Under Water Brewpub
Replies: 16
Views: 5342

Count me in...

David