Search found 25 matches

by superdave
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:26 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82253

KC7777 wrote : Ok....just read both Wing Foil forum discussions. A couple of questions. Looking to potentially get into Wing Foiling....really only if it makes sense for a watersport in the lighter wind areas where I hang out in summers....eg we stay on waterfront at Hornby Island most of July and ...
by superdave
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100286

Well said juandesooka. Both posts just above.
by superdave
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Slake you're asking great questions and they're difficult to answer but I'll try. Some of what I can offer is based on experience, some on information from videos and forums and some is probably just crap. Hopefully others will chime in if they have had a different experience or opinion - I'm learni...
by superdave
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Hey Slake, thanks for posting. I have an Armstrong 6'6" and love it. It's very stable, light, well constructed and well designed. I think there's quite a bit to like about the bottom shape, rail chines, deck pad center marks, adjustable tail kick, forward foil track etc. It also came with a ver...
by superdave
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Tucker does a great review on harness lines here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHL8AycgDTc I think I have some old kite pig tails like he uses if you want to make your own. PM me. Also, make sure to use a seven stance shoulders back - that way you can straighten your front arm and sheet as necess...
by superdave
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Some great information coming out of this - thanks. Superdave's top 10 wing foiling tips for maximum success as a beginner (from a beginner who knew only some of this…in the beginning). 1. Go with a big enough board (probably 20 -40L over your weight in KGs) or accept your learning curve will be slo...
by superdave
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Wingfoiling Progression

Hey wind junkies, I wanted to start a thread on wingfoiling progression . There is quite a bit of relevant information in the original wingfoiling thread, but it's pretty expansive now. I think it would be useful to discuss gear and technique relevant to our local conditions. I'm new to foiling, but...
by superdave
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 pm

I'm with nanmoo, give it time grantmac. I was out with you that day and I struggled getting off the beach in that chop. Even my super stable Armstrong 6'6" was challenging to get up and going close to shore. Next time I'll prone paddle farther out.
by superdave
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:36 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: New Foiler needs advice
Replies: 5
Views: 2490

Selling my Naish Hover 135 L foil sup. 7'6" by 28.5". Track style foil box. No fins/slots. No windsurf track. SUP foil and wing only. $1200.
by superdave
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:28 pm

Just posted my Hover 135 SUP foil/ wing board under windsurf gear. No windsurf mast track and no fins. Foil only. Ordered something a little smaller.
by superdave
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:24 pm
Topic: scha-wing
Replies: 42
Views: 19412

If anyone is looking for a bigger board, I'm posting my Naish Hover 135 foil SUP/ wing board. It's a 2019, used about a dozen times. $1200.
by superdave
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:06 pm
Topic: Dallas Road RV Park Petition
Replies: 7
Views: 6852

Dallas Road RV Park Petition

Please help keep our access to the Dallas Road waterfront. Over the past several years camping has become a fixture at the beach parking areas and Mayor Lisa Helps is positioning it as 'homelessness issue' and looking for hand outs from the Federal Government to help clean up the mess. As a result, ...
by superdave
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: WHEN TO KITE AND WHEN TO NOT
Replies: 52
Views: 36252

No, Watson's are a few years older (2010 Cults). Good kites for high wind for sure, but I'd rate the Bolts and Ride 1's as better for stability (bit punchy though) and the Ride 2's similar for control in gusts (smooths them out) and better for stability.
by superdave
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: WHEN TO KITE AND WHEN TO NOT
Replies: 52
Views: 36252

Naish Ride 2's are incredibly stable. The 6 m is the most stable high wind kite I've flown in 11 years! Wind range is spectacular with good bottom end and top end is really limited by your size/fitness/ability...if your big enough and brave enough I don't think 50+ knots is out of the question. High...
by superdave
Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 am
Topic: Found kite bar at Cook St.
Replies: 1
Views: 838

Found kite bar at Cook St.

Someone left a bar at Cook St. May 8th.