Search found 19 matches

by Tactile
Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86039

I use it several times a day, everyday. I would be very sad to see it go. I find it very useful to look at the maps to see the predicted wind trends throughout the day. I find it reasonably accurate too. Please keep allowing access UofW!

Cheers,
Alastair
by Tactile
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 am
Topic: EC Strait of Georgia
Replies: 13
Views: 2377

Looks like everything is back to normal. I guess they just do one forecast if nothing interesting is happening. I just jumped the gun. :oops:
by Tactile
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 pm
Topic: EC Strait of Georgia
Views: 2377

EC Strait of Georgia

Has anyone else noticed that the Strait of Georgia forecast is now for the entire strait instead of north/south of Nanaimo. This basically makes this forecast useless for us mainland folks. Is this a permanent change? I hope not. Anyone know whats up?

Cheers,
Alastair
by Tactile
Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:00 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Custom kiteboard
Replies: 1
Views: 921

Custom kiteboard

After a few years off the board building scene (going to school at UBC), I finally had some time in my shop, in Victoria. I was pleased to find that all the tools and templates were there, ready to be used. My old 2005 board was still going strong (white one in the 'Custom Kiteboards 2005' album), b...
by Tactile
Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:06 am
Topic: Haida Gwaii
Replies: 5
Views: 1455

Some kiting info. Click the last picture for the full article.

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/mod ... le&sid=228
by Tactile
Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: MM5 model on Wind Archive plots
Replies: 7
Views: 2994

:shock: That is very cool. Nice work!
by Tactile
Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:18 pm
Topic: 3 new sites added
Replies: 8
Views: 3359

Maybe Vancouver airport too? Although I am not sure how useful it would be our purposes...
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... 18,-123.17
by Tactile
Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:07 pm
Topic: 3 new sites added
Replies: 8
Views: 3359

:shock: That is so awsome... I just moved to Vancouver and I was going to email you to see if adding some of those reports wouldn't be too much trouble... You beat me to it! Thanks Dave! 8)

Alastair
by Tactile
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:12 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Skypilot now has BWD wind forcasts
Replies: 3
Views: 1871

Skypilot now has BWD wind forcasts

Check it out, Skypilot now has BWD wind forcasts on their weather page.
http://skypilotkiteboarding.com/modules ... me=Weather
Pretty sweet, but I'm still gonna check BWD for the full scoop. I assume you helped make this happen BWD... thanks! :D
by Tactile
Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:13 pm
Topic: New Webcam page format
Views: 4267

Very cool, this site just keeps getting better and better. Thanks BWD and co!
by Tactile
Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:24 pm
Topic: Desperately seeking 8lb pour foam to fix Tuttle box
Replies: 12
Views: 2584

After re-reading your post, I should add that there is an Industrial Plastics and Paints in Naniamo so that's probably your best bet... www.ippnet.com to check their store locations.
by Tactile
Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:18 pm
Topic: Desperately seeking 8lb pour foam to fix Tuttle box
Replies: 12
Views: 2584

Check out www.fiberglasssupply.ca for local distribution of the .com counterpart. Those guys are very helpful and will probably have the stuff in stock, but if not they will bring some in for you. They have many other board building supplies too. IMHO the salesmen at Industrial Plastics and Paints a...
by Tactile
Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:12 am
Topic: LOST KITE
Replies: 19
Views: 4583

Why not rig a leash from a FRONT line through the bar to an attachment on your bar ? Is there any drawback to rigging a leash to a front line? Like a potential death spiral or something? I'm currently trying to turn 2 older bars into 1 better bar and this sounds like a potential way to spin the bar...
by Tactile
Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:09 pm

Kite FOUND

So Todd there's a reward?!? A big reward!?! I hope it involves beer and lots of it :lol: I did a little pseudo-trespassing (empty lot) on my way home from work, made my way down to the beach and presto, there it was right in from of me :shock: Everything will need some inspecting before flying, espe...
by Tactile
Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:13 pm

Yeah, bar and lines still attached... the chicken loop released unexpectedly.