Search found 65 matches

by frank
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Tahiti, French Polynesia, south Pacific stuff
Replies: 17
Views: 10934

Re: Tahiti, French Polynesia, south Pacific stuff

lastest week of fun....surf morning and evening, and 1 day of 25-35 knts but windy everyday on windward side of this Island...weirdly enough i tend to now prefer mirror condition for surf and foil... "glassy is good" ..."wind is good" also, but so much work and gear!!?? Daybreak ...
by frank
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:15 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Canadian Wind Wings and Foils
Replies: 9
Views: 4473

feedback.... would be nice that the paddle attachment be located in a way to replace/bypass handles, for those who prefer boom handling/riding....!!! on version 2.0 maybe...
by frank
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:42 am

to all netflixer...Nuit de la Glisse/NDG Cinema , has their films available now on Netflix for a while...Magnetic, don't crack under pressure 1-2-3 etc there's is some amazing footage of Polynesia, but also Norway!!! for under the radar spot ,in polynesia , now that there's no more flights...and tha...
by frank
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 pm

north shore, when not windy is great, and even better when blowing... https://www.instagram.com/p/B9naVTSApFh/?igshid=nfjt4t4hgf66 there's also only a very few beach break in Tahiti..the 2 main one.Papara west coast and Papeeno area with many launch spot eastcoast. papara can get "very crowdy&q...
by frank
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:14 am

by frank
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:00 am

zig zag rings a bell, but there's also a zigzag here!! I get confuse with boat names, beach names, bay names!! but hey I never for get the sight of a boat and a face...maybe we we're neighbor at some point!! thanks, now beautifull water of this week...most likely near Vairao or Taravao on west side ...
by frank
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:41 am

Ia orana, I'm being tracked...!!! it's a CheoyLee 43 possibly me depending when, from 2006 to summer 2012 I was there a few time in Cadboro but just short time, spending most summer around vanisle, then left summer 2012...I was, all of fall 2011, in Sydney at Yachttech redoing rigging on GMT composi...
by frank
Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:48 pm

sorry man, you're the one who started that!! I haven't showed off too much about it yet!!!??? and in Tahiti gets quite regular wind almost similar to Maui most people go at Motu Martin/Venus Point on eastside or Maraa pass and lagoon on west side ...there you get a crowd of maybe 20-30 kites on week...
by frank
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:52 pm

@kus...why come back...localism here means, when you show up at the spot you have to shaka, foreheadhug, and say "ia orana" to eveyrone, then you're a friend the party begin for all. at Taapuna every day from16pm to sunset, on the spot and on the same wave yu'll find...a va'aV6 down to V1 ...
by frank
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:15 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Trinidad and Tobago for the winter
Replies: 7
Views: 3390

indeed would be an amazing foil spot, big or small!!! too bad I wasn't foiling then!!!!!??

in Polynesia, they call that kind of wave a Maoti...chasing maoti is fun!!!
by frank
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Trinidad and Tobago for the winter
Replies: 7
Views: 3390

Mt-Irvine is the main surf spot jus upwind/north of the Bucco Reef. I've spent 6 months anchored between Mt-Irvine and Pigeon Point, and was my favorite stop in the Caribe. but like all the caribean the wind is on the lightside. If you are flexible with your timeframe, try to catch the Christmas win...
by frank
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 am

yesterday, with a 2.5m forecast... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSPOdSXQO7o and it ain't over yet, with a strong Mara'amu/SE kermadec flow forecast, starting now and lasting for next week... https://www.windguru.cz/208786 in 3 years the wave forecast as never gone up to over 4m...!!??at 2.5m+ it'...
by frank
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:41 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Festival del viento 2019 downwinder
Replies: 2
Views: 3275

YO,

from where to where?? website doesn't say..!

punta mita to bucerias!?

trying to visualize the launch area...!!!!

Nana,
Pancho
by frank
Fri May 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Tahiti, French Polynesia, south Pacific stuff

south pacific is on fire,big wave and wind season is on, opening day was May9th for Tahiti & Teahupoo...and as been big since May 9th...!!! yesterday: teahupoo... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx1qMi9DeGu/?igshid=y1g9axy4fj9t Taapuna...a few meters from my boat!.... https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx1...