Search found 4 matches

by ceejay
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:42 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: searching for Vic kiter Jeff/Geoff
Replies: 0
Views: 1478

searching for Vic kiter Jeff/Geoff

Hi I was in China Creek kiting this past summer (late July/early Aug) and met a kiter named Jeff/Geoff who was there with his girlfriend from Victoria. Jeff/Geoff said he was a pro photographer. He photographed me and also put his Gopro in my lines and I got some great video and stills (see below). ...
by ceejay
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:09 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: harness knife learnings (updated)
Replies: 11
Views: 5530

Re: Knife

Just to be clear here... did you take his board in and then go back for him? How far from shore was he when his kite dropped? Not trying to find faults just interested yes i went in with his board, but left my surfboard there and went back out on his twintip. He was a few hundred meters out when he...
by ceejay
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:30 am

Good info. The first and biggest red flag to me would be that someone was going out in a leaky drysuit in near 0 degree water in March. Assume you'll have to swim in, that won't cut it. The drysuit was in good condition. It seems to have gotten water in during my attempts to body drag my buddy in, ...
by ceejay
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:53 pm

harness knife learnings (updated)

Hi BWD crowd, I'm going to summarize a series of posts I put on the Squamish Windsports Society pages this spring regarding a very close call and what has been learned re the close call and knife options. The Close Call On March 30, 2019, a friend's kite deflated and a combination of him getting lin...