Search found 7 matches

by Larry Pinta
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:47 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Salt Spring Island - Foil-kiting Possible?
Replies: 12
Views: 6240

Hi, Foiled off Saltspring twice in early July on a sailing trip. Both launches were off public beaches. - Southey Point between Saltspring & Secretary Island (SE) - Erskine Point / Stuart Channel between mainland and Saltspring (SSW) There was potential to kite almost every day, I used an 8m for...
by Larry Pinta
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:40 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12706

Thanks all for the thread, I have been following and decided to bring my kites out on a sailing trip. Managed to kite off the NE tip of Saltspring in Houston passage between Saltspring and Wallace Island. The beach I launched off had public access in the area. Winds were SE at about 12 kts and blew ...
by Larry Pinta
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:02 am
Topic: Nitinat wind S-S-M-T
Replies: 3
Views: 2061

Thanks for the info, after chatting with our instructors were going to push back to next week in the hopes of some better wind. Thanks for all the great advice.

LP
by Larry Pinta
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:47 am
Topic: Nitinat wind S-S-M-T
Replies: 3
Views: 2061

Nitinat wind S-S-M-T

Hi A few of us are trying to fly in from Alberta to take some lessons and enjoy the west coast for a few days. We were supposed to arrive today but postponed until Saturday. Is there worthwhile wind for S-M-T or a high probability of getting skunked. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advanc...
by Larry Pinta
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:08 pm
Topic: Camper Rental Nitinat
Replies: 5
Views: 3634

Were thinking middle of June (still too cold?)

Last time it was a pull behind, but don't have access to a vehicle this time so looking for a drivable unit.

Thanks
by Larry Pinta
Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:51 pm
Topic: Camper Rental Nitinat
Replies: 5
Views: 3634

Camper Rental Nitinat

Hi,

Thinking of coming in from Alberta for some days in Nitinat in late June. I have been there lots but wanted to look at renting a camper this trip. I rented one years ago but I am sure I was outside of insurance on the dirt roads. Any thoughts? Options?

Thanks in advance
by Larry Pinta
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:00 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Windfest 2.0 July 25-26
Replies: 11
Views: 3912

Hi,

Just saw a fellow at the Calgary airport yesterday wearing a Windfest 2007 shirt.

I am in Calgary but would like some gear, have some local folks that could pick up. How do I go about paying?

Dan