Search found 8 matches

by x3
Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:04 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Which trainer kite would you buy?
Replies: 4
Views: 1523

yeah the 4 line trainer is the one! it will also cross-over to a snow kite later on if you move into that when the snow comes (and its windy). as already mentioned the 4 lines and LEI are what you are working with once you progress so a foil is irrelevant after 5 mins! (unless you want to buggy? or ...
by x3
Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:21 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: whos got what helmut...
Replies: 7
Views: 1933

whos got what helmut...

besides the hockey helmuts with duc tape.... (which i'm sure are original's so if i got one of those it wouldnt be original...unless i used another color duc tape?) what is everyone using? i have been meaning to get one for ages, all the ones i have tried dont seem to work for one reason or another....
by x3
Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:14 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Helmets
Replies: 29
Views: 7072

i dont know the launch @ where you were.... we made a un written rule at my previous kite beach where by we asked all kiters to not hook in until your well into the water. so you launch your kite unhooked with the kite by the waters edge (and your board) and then hook in once your on the water (whic...
by x3
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:46 am
Topic: 38 seconds of airtime....
Replies: 8
Views: 2701

sound on this clip is a telephone interview with the guy flying the kite after the event....he mentions the big black clouds over head and how he just keeps getting sucked up. had some skydiving skills so he was trying to pick his spot to land and get out of the thermal. he landed hard but walked aw...
by x3
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:21 am
Topic: 38 seconds of airtime....
Replies: 8
Views: 2701

38 seconds of airtime....

if you havent seen this clip yet its worth a sticky beak <peek>

http://www.naish.tv/home_tv.html click on serious airtime
by x3
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:08 am
Topic: some choice kiwi kitesurfing vids
Replies: 0
Views: 754

some choice kiwi kitesurfing vids

if you scroll to orewa sessions and shoal bay are probably to 2 best to check out....we kite in shorts downunder......

http://www.windsurfing.co.nz/goodies.html

cher bro
by x3
Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:03 pm
Topic: Newby question - Busted leash what to do?
Replies: 4
Views: 1519

well for each occassion there can be different scenarios..... beyond a doubt from my experience the safest practice is to wrap your lines around the bar, pretty tough to do with no safety hooked on your harness. so (as a suggestion if it ever was to happen again...) you could land the kite leading e...
by x3
Fri May 27, 2005 10:30 pm
Topic: learning the art, spring 05
Replies: 10
Views: 2720

kitesurferdale has some good advise for coming back to where you started from. to add to that....if your having a hard time controling your speed you often end up downwind faaaaaast, so get your ass in the water (physically) when you feel like your going to fast and control your speed if that helps....