PM’d you Westcoaster.
by Mrnorthsouth
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:16 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Foiling Flat Tires
Replies: 6
Views: 2585

Re: Foiling Flat Tires

I have noticed this issue with my Axis setup. Usually when it happens now I stomp on my toes of my rear foot to right the board back flat and I can save it. I think when I have a steep upwind angle at speed I keep the mast from laying over on a steep angle and lean outboard and forward more with my ...
by Mrnorthsouth
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:49 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100342

Pm me and you can have some of mine. I have multiple sets.
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:31 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82428

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I talked to Tucker and he said they are developing a wing specific harness with a major brand for release this spring. I have a waist leash as well so may try it with that hook while I wait.
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82428

Ok, so after 2 hours yesterday my arms were toast. I am thinking of getting a waist harness to ease the load and be able to crank upwind more so I can do more downwind runs without worrying about losing too much ground. I am working on riding switch on land and will be practicing that more too. I am...
by Mrnorthsouth
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:21 pm

by Mrnorthsouth
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:31 pm

I use mine often. I would probably not buy one without them now. I know you can lift and glance but I like being able to check without lifting. We will see about durability I guess. I roll it up and sausage bag it so fingers crossed.
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:42 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 28888

Re: Wetsuit

wired4adrenaline wrote:Hey Pasta, its Ruth, I can get you wholesale on a new excel! The warehouse is in Sooke, can hook up all my kite buds they said🤙
Thanks again Ruth that worked out great!
by Mrnorthsouth
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 am

Ya I would rather be injury free. Speed bump bunny hops sound about my comfort level lol.
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 am

So, has anyone tried jumping yet? I saw some kelp too late and could have attempted it but was not strapped in. I feel comfortable with a front strap but not rear. I have seen online that people are jumping with only the one strap but I am hesitant to try with one. Would it be easier with a shorter ...
by Mrnorthsouth
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:34 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Impact vest input
Replies: 2
Views: 2236

I picked up a Mustang neoprene pfd from Trotac. It has saved me already on some good wipeouts. I know Sherwood carries them too. Bonus is having shoulder protection from the mast when carrying the gear upwind!
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:50 pm

Robin can you comment on which handles you are using on your 5.3 please? I have been using second from the front and back but tried the 3rd briefly yesterday when I was overpowered but felt like I had less control of the wing. Thanks I almost always use 2 from front and 3 from back. Generally, fron...
by Mrnorthsouth
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

Robin can you comment on which handles you are using on your 5.3 please? I have been using second from the front and back but tried the 3rd briefly yesterday when I was overpowered but felt like I had less control of the wing. Thanks
by Mrnorthsouth
Sat May 14, 2016 8:04 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14893

Well we had a bit of a surprise... we have an 18 month old girl and now have another baby on the way. So getting another hobby idea is hitting the back burner. I'll be in a better position in a few years to spend money and time on wind adventures but until then it's ft daddy mode. Thanks for all you...
by Mrnorthsouth
Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14893

Perfect thanks for the info I will look into that and keep an eye out for a box to mount to them.