Search found 6 matches

by EL_NORTE
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:41 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting lesson review?
Replies: 7
Views: 4085

Hey Ty,

I think you can't go wrong with any of the schools on the island! I'm based out of Comox but take students up to the North Island.

Thanks for the review Joost!

Greg

El Norte Adventures
by EL_NORTE
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 pm
Topic: Foilboard Compromise
Replies: 10
Views: 4861

Meant to add to my rant that although I wouldn't recommend the converter as a primary foilboard it could be an interesting option for someone looking for a travel specific surfboard and would bring their foil in case of really light wind. I have way more fun on a foil and 7m and could probably ride ...
by EL_NORTE
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 pm
Topic: Foilboard Compromise
Replies: 10
Views: 4861

Despite being a Slingshot dealer, I'm not a big fan of converter style boards for a few reasons: 1. I think an ideal foil board is shorter than a surfboard with more nose rocker and no tail rocker for better light wind starts. Also the foil board should be as stiff as possible to maximize feel of th...
by EL_NORTE
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Kitefoil Heat at Comox Sailing Race
Replies: 5
Views: 5300

Unfortunately August's Sailfest in Comox has been postponed until next year. More time to train for light wind foiling!
by EL_NORTE
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:12 am

Good call on the parallel slalom, that would be a lot of fun! I'll see what Compass Adventure has available for bouys.

Just emailed Squamish Windsports, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,

Greg
by EL_NORTE
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Kitefoil Heat at Comox Sailing Race

Looking at seeing if there is interest in a hydrofoil event in Comox. Compass Adventure are putting on a stadium style sailing race 12/13 Aug and would be stoked to have a hydrofoiling event. Spoke to a few local guys already who are in. https://www.compassadventure.ca/sailfest This is just going to...