Search found 84 matches

by Keen
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:04 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Buy or Sell
Topic: Slingshot Wizard 125 Foil Board
Replies: 0
Views: 158

Slingshot Wizard 125 Foil Board

First gen Slingshot Wizard windfoil board. Volume 125L. Deep Tuttle box. You can buy an adapter for pedestal foil masts. In great shape. One tiny paint ding at rear left (just surficial) that I epoxied and sanded. Includes footstraps and Slingshot board bag. (mast base not included) Great board. I'v...
by Keen
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:14 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Canada Day RB Drone Capture
Replies: 5
Views: 1069

Re: Canada Day RB Drone Capture

That's really cool. Do you have to worry about aviation rules and whatnot or does it depend on the size/weight, flight height etc..?
by Keen
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm
Forum: How to's
Topic: Model 2 - Map Viewer
Replies: 0
Views: 420

Model 2 - Map Viewer

On the Forecast tab under Model 2 there is some new functionality. Like the University of Washington wind model summary table (Model 1) you can click on a cell for a particular time to view the model as a map. This allows you to get the big picture for the wind patterns. There is also a 'Map' button...
by Keen
Thu May 27, 2021 3:43 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13565

Mf4 are you using the newer Chromium based Edge or the old one? I tried on my system (new Edge) and it was ok but I used the mouse wheel to move the window down but keeping the mouse over the menu as I did so. I like it a lot. Will take some time to figure out where to find particular forums etc. I ...
by Keen
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:50 pm
Topic: Proposed Clover Point upgrades from city of victoria
Replies: 18
Views: 8862

it's apparent that not everyone is on the same page when it comes to the clover decision...

https://twitter.com/SaveCloverPt/status ... 0349274112

https://twitter.com/TalktoARYZE/status/ ... 6824145922
by Keen
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:25 pm
Topic: Proposed Clover Point upgrades from city of victoria
Replies: 18
Views: 8862

I have not read the whole report and likely don't know all the details. However I'd not be totally in favour of a no cars rule. I do feel they could do better than just a ring road and a parking lot but I'm not sure they've looked at historic wind data. Of the few pleasant weather months we have in ...
by Keen
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:36 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61512

Tempy, for what it's worth I tried the magnet test on the stainless bolts I bought and they were not magnetic... so that's not an option. Some bolts might have markings. You could probably do it by weight on a comparative basis if you have a scale that is able to weight low mass with high precision.
by Keen
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 pm

As a 'concerned' foil owner of same brand that Tempy has (or had) I did bit more digging on bolts. Like others I want to avoid the same fate. When you buy the Hoverglide plate adpater it does not include the bolts (tappered socket screw). I learned this the hard way when I went to put everything tog...
by Keen
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 pm

Tempy: one thing that might be of interest is that when I got my Wizard board it came with new Tuttle bolts basically saying don't use the ones that shipped with your foil... that seemed odd to me. However I did switch to the new ones. It was not well explained what the diff was. Perhaps there was a...
by Keen
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:33 am

If you have lots of $ to blow I just saw this
https://www.ezzy.com/sails/2018-sails/ezzy-hydra/
For me, I could not justify the $750 USD to try a new concept like this.
by Keen
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 am

As Winddoc mentioned I might chime in and I suppose since I'm reading this (and perhaps learning something :) ) I should -- though I have little to offer at this point. I bought a slingshot hoverglide (I think it is the h2 wing on it) foil with power plate etc.. I wanted to try to use it on my 104L ...
by Keen
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Wave Camp and Meth Free Zone Party 2018
Replies: 65
Views: 36421

Lots of thanks to both Dave and Chris for taking time out to snap photos. There is no souvenir shop in Gold Beach... the photos are it!
Fun trip.
by Keen
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 120568

Interesting... Nissan Recon Campers Review Wow, very cool. Looks pretty tight for room however, especially for 4 people! Amazing price on it. I'd like to see the next size up version. Durability of all of the components remains to be seen. Love that someone's doing this for under thirty grand! By t...
by Keen
Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:36 pm
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 120568

by Keen
Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Windsport and Super Burrito Wave Camp 2017!
Replies: 86
Views: 37066

I'm not certain I can go due to kid care circumstances but I may have a later window starting June 29th to July 6th.
All this weather dependent too...