by ECarey
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:01 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 11
Views: 5365

Re: Where to start?

Thanks for the help everyone! :D

I have been in contact with Marty and have a plan to get me trying it.
by ECarey
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:52 pm

Thanks for all the advice and jokes, everyone! I really appreciate it. As for me, I'm still relatively young (27), in somewhat decent shape, and a bit of a sports junkie. I'm not quite at the big air side of kiting, nor do I think that I will be. The potential for major injury seems to outweigh the ...
by ECarey
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:36 pm

Have you windsurfed? That will be a bigger help than foiling experience. Foiling experience just allows you to be used to the sensation and not freak out when you are feeling like you are (actually ~70cm) 10 feet in the air on foil! I have not windsurfed before. Sailed lots, and everything else on ...
by ECarey
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:45 pm

Where to start?

Hey everyone, I really want to try wingfoiling. I have been seeing it more and more around Ross Bay, Cowichan Lake, and Nitinaht and I figured that it's time I give it a shot. Where I'm stuck is how to start? I've been kiting since 2017, but I have never foiled before. Any tips or suggestions on how...
by ECarey
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:22 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Old growth logging near Nitinaht
Views: 5105

Thanks for posting this, AJSpencer. This issue definitely needs more attention to protect what is still standing
by ECarey
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:50 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 28931

Granted that the Patagonia wetsuits are the best money can buy, it's still too much money for me. As a runner up in the more budget category, what would everyone recommend? I'm currently using an O'Neil Psycho Tech 5.5/4 that is held together by copious amounts of Aquaseal, but is starting to fail b...
by ECarey
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 am
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12701

Ecarey I think pine point could work big beach sideonshore wind just have to watch for swimmers and beachgoers definately windy in the afternoons I park our houseboat across the lake and windsurf most afternoons when thermals come up. Thanks, Windjunky. Those are some of the exact reasons why I ini...
by ECarey
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:36 pm
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12701

Has anyone ever tried kiting Cowichan lake from either the Pine Point or Maple Grove campgrounds? There's lots of beach space at pine point, good wind direction, and both provincial campsites so plenty of parking.

Thoughts?
by ECarey
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:23 pm
Topic: Apple Watch app
Views: 4393

I kite with a series 3 with no cellular connection every time. As long as the watch is series 2 or newer it has a built in GPS antenna and will record all the relevant data on the watch during your session to be transferred to your phone at a later time. I leave my phone in the car every session at ...
by ECarey
Thu May 28, 2020 10:16 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Gear clean/storage
Replies: 10
Views: 5165

Thank you both for your replies. I figured my routine was excessive, and this has confirmed it. With respect to packing the kite into the bag, is there a certain way that is better than others? I have been folding like it comes from OR towards the middle strut then folding into 3 equal parts to fit ...
by ECarey
Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Gear clean/storage
Replies: 10
Views: 5165

Gear clean/storage

I've been kiting since 2017 and there has been something that I have always wondered– what is the best way to pack up your gear at the end of the day for storage in terms of ease and gear longevity? My process has always been to fold the kite rather neatly on the beach, then once home unfold, spray ...
by ECarey
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:26 am
Topic: If you have a 2018 north rebel 10m!!!!! Important
Replies: 7
Views: 4817

by ECarey
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Photos on forum post not working
Replies: 2
Views: 4807

Thank you for your help with that. I fixed the problem
by ECarey
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:22 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Photos on forum post not working
Replies: 2
Views: 4807

Photos on forum post not working

The photos on my forum post (http://bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9218) aren't showing up and I'm just seeing the Mac question-mark box when I try to view the post.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or missing to post a photo?