Search found 8 matches

by raquo
Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: DIY wingfoil harness?
Replies: 15
Views: 4868

It works!

I finally tried wing foiling with the chest harness setup that I posted a photo of earlier this year. It has been game-changing, much better than having the hook at waist level. My hands aren't getting tired anymore! So good. As I expected, the chest position lets you move the wing up and down conve...
by raquo
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Re: DIY wingfoil harness?

Thanks, I didn't realize that could be a problem. I wonder if a weak link on the harness line would work to prevent damage to the wing (since there isn't much pressure in normal operation). I'm currently using windsurf harness lines which can velcro to the wing's handles without needing to uh... &qu...
by raquo
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:55 pm

Thanks, good point, one more reason to attach leashes to a separate waist belt. I will be the king of belts. I thought about HA foils, but I don't feel very safe with them being so wide and pointy, and even though they glide better they also have drawbacks, overall harder to use for noobs, even if n...
by raquo
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Heh, everything old is new again I guess. Couldn't find any photos online of those chest harnesses, but I can imagine from your description. Good to know that smaller foils produce less sail pull. That makes sense. Currently I'm on a 1550 cm^2 front wing, going down to 1250 and maaaybe 1050 next yea...
by raquo
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:20 am

DIY wingfoil harness?

Hey guys. So far I've been wingfoiling with my windsurf harness. I don't really mind the bulk, and it saves my arms when going upwind, which I need to do a lot because I suck and end up downwind often :) I tend to ride the wing like a typical windsurfer, cruising around (now with more upwind range) ...
by raquo
Thu May 06, 2021 2:49 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 99910

Speaking of leash safety. Interesting read about foiling in a river, or any channel with current: https://www.riversurflab.com/2014/09/23/lowdown-leashes-river-surfing/ I'm in Squamish so even though I'm definitely not planning to foil in the river mouth, I'm trying to figure out a good safe leashin...
by raquo
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat beach camping prohibited now?
Replies: 3
Views: 3046

Thanks for the info. What about the non-designated / non-numbered camp sites? There were a few camp sites like that inside the forest right next to the beach, but not on the beach itself. Are those allowed? > Today July 8 the entire campsite is only half full, so there will only be an overcrowding i...
by raquo
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:07 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat beach camping prohibited now?
Replies: 3
Views: 3046

Nitinat beach camping prohibited now?

Hey everyone, I am getting conflicting reports from people visiting Nitinat. Some friends tell me that camping on the beach is now prohibited and people have to turn back due to lack of camping spots, yet others say that people are still camping on the beach. I emailed the campground but they didn't...