Search found 17 matches

by littlekitegirl
Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Wild West Watersports coming soon to Port Alberni
Replies: 62
Views: 36476

This all sounds very cool!!

I know very little about kiting in Port Alberni, but I've heard the biggest challenge (for kiters) is a launch spot. Any talk of building something similar to what Squamish has....?

That'd be sweet - a definate alternative to the long Nat road!

lkg
by littlekitegirl
Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Bigwavedave stickers!
Replies: 60
Views: 40910

Neil & Lindsey are also in... put us down for 3 of each! No extra text necessary
by littlekitegirl
Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:59 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Windfest this year?
Replies: 11
Views: 4119

I heard word from Judy last weekend that the events are all on (including the upwind downwind).
by littlekitegirl
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:54 pm
Topic: FOUND: OR Bar & Lines
Replies: 5
Views: 1419

It is indeed mine... oops - thanks so much for grabbing it! Where abouts do you live, could I come by and pick it up?

My number is 413-7069 or pm...

Lindsey
by littlekitegirl
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 am
Topic: FOUND: OR Bar & Lines
Views: 1419

shoot... it could be mine as well, I don't remember carrying them up. Will also check tonight. Thanks for the post.

Lindsey
by littlekitegirl
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:52 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 49885

Johnny - your endless energy for life will be forever missed in this community. You were one of the first to make me, and many others, feel truly welcome at Cook...

We'll miss you,

Lindsey
by littlekitegirl
Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinaht O.S.R.
Replies: 40
Views: 13482

some people's perception of wind must be different... 4 hours on my 10m Sunday at Nat.

oh yeah...

Thanks for leaving early AC (the wind may never have arrived otherwise!!).
by littlekitegirl
Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:48 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: recommendations for Xmas trip
Replies: 2
Views: 1049

Check into Varadero... the all-inclusive aspect may not be all that appealing, but there are often great last minute deals there. Most of the resorts offer free windsurfing (not sure how the gear is). Maybe you can rent it too?? And, apparently there is a kiting scene there. December is supposed to ...
by littlekitegirl
Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Thule box
Replies: 9
Views: 2518

For that kind of thing, the MEC GearSwap website is pretty good. I found a car rack for a friend there once...

http://www.mec.ca/Apps/outdoorGearSwap/ ... 4720827873
by littlekitegirl
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:28 am
Topic: Just got this emailed to me.
Views: 1688

The report was almost 10 minutes long and was more about the lack of sewage treatment in Vic than kiteboarding or windsurfing (and how the outflow is where we kite). Regardless, that was pretty gross. I try not to think about it when I'm out there, but always clean everything when I get home! Anybod...
by littlekitegirl
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 am
Topic: Just got this emailed to me.
Views: 1688

Hey all...

I'm at work and listening to CBC now (if anybody is even around). Apparently they are going to be talking about kite boarders getting sick at Cook street.

Not sure who they are talking to yet, if anybody! Should be on in about 10-15 minutes.

lindsey
by littlekitegirl
Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:24 pm
Topic: UV eye protection
Views: 2645

If anybody else has been wondering, seems the the correct name of these contact lenses is MaxSight... you can google the name and learn what they are all about. I definitely need to try these. If nothing else, maybe the 'possessed look' will deter strangers at Cook from asking me if paragliding is e...
by littlekitegirl
Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:15 am
Topic: UV eye protection
Views: 2645

eyeDuck,

Check your private messages!

LKG
by littlekitegirl
Mon May 08, 2006 11:20 am
Topic: Need new pump
Replies: 8
Views: 2124

I second the Walmart suggestion. Last year, the ones Cdn tires sold had funny valves (but maybe they're different this year). Go to walmart, then put some stickers on it as it'll look like everybody else's on the beach!