by iamvwman
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:11 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: SUP surfing
Replies: 24
Views: 12351

You could try Keith's

http://bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8653

If you think it's too small I have the same board in the 9'5" length I'm thinking about unloading.
by iamvwman
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm
Topic: SUP surfing
Replies: 24
Views: 12351

Sup surf

by iamvwman
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:53 am
Topic: Board Construction
Replies: 16
Views: 4443

board construction

Thanks Guys......... After much deliberation and wife convincing, I went with the pro/carbon version and a nice bag. There are some sweet deals out there on last years gear. Also found through a little digging that the pro models seem to be easier to repair, if needed. Less plastic.......... Looking...
by iamvwman
Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:04 pm
Topic: Board Construction
Replies: 16
Views: 4443

Board Construction

Looking for some advice here............. I have had several ASA or HRS construction boards over the years and now considering moving up to a lighter construction. Any pros and cons to consider for a big dude who is riding freeride style boards and just blasting around? I've been looking at the Fana...
by iamvwman
Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: The Future of the BWD Website Depends on You
Replies: 297
Views: 117326

donate

Hey Dave,

What was the email address to send $'s to if one wants to send an email money transfer for a donation?

Cheers, Rob (iamvwman).
by iamvwman
Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm
Topic: fin damage?
Replies: 6
Views: 2351

fin damage?

Thanks Kus and all. After checking things out I will just sand off the rough edge and it should be fine. Like Kus said, with screw heads and whatnot poking through on most boards this chip will hardly make any difference. Especially with my hacker sailing style. I suppose the fact that it was a NEW ...
by iamvwman
Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

fin damage?

It came out of the delivery box damaged. I didn't put it in the board's finbox at all. Still waiting to hear from Benoit at Wind-spirit..........
by iamvwman
Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 pm

fin damage?

It's new but I got a great deal on it..........I put it on the board and to sit flush, I would need to sand the edge down a bit. Looks like it will be good.

Waiting for a reply from the shop...............
by iamvwman
Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 am

fin damage?

Just picked up a new fin online. It came with a chip in the head. Should I be concerned or should it have no effect? See pics.

BTW: The green G10 material was visible but I put a little black marker on it.

Thanks for any imput...............

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 pm
Topic: Dry suit recommendations
Replies: 9
Views: 2714

drysuit

I sail mostly flatwater and small waves, longboards and SUPs. I do get in the water all year round and have always used a traditional 5/4/3. The drysuits look much more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.

I am in Victoria, are there any OR retailers here?
by iamvwman
Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 am
Topic: Dry suit recommendations
Replies: 9
Views: 2714

Dry suit recommendations

Looking to purchase a dry suit for windsurfing and other watersports. Any recommendations or experiences appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:29 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Go Pro HD!!!!
Replies: 53
Views: 16125

fly mount

Just picked up a Fly Mount for my Gopro. Much better for boom and mast mounting than any of the Gopro mounts. Super easy to use not cheap though.

http://www.flymount.com/
by iamvwman
Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm
Topic: SUP buy/sell
Replies: 4
Views: 1239

sup buy/sell

Thanks Guys..........sold my board this morning. No need to list it now..........

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:36 am
Topic: SUP buy/sell
Replies: 4
Views: 1239

SUP buy/sell

When listing SUP boards, paddles and such which forum listing should they be listed under? I would assume to use the windsurfing b/s...........but..........

Is there a plan to have a SUP section in the forum with bwd's admitted SUP addiction????

Cheers, Rob.
by iamvwman
Sat May 07, 2011 9:52 am
Topic: Rebecca Spit
Replies: 1
Views: 942

Rebecca Spit

The family and I are looking to explore more remote camping this summer. I'm looking for windsurfing destinations. Has anyone sailed Rebecca spit on Quadra Island???? Is it worth the trip? I have heard that it blows all summer and lots of shallow water.

Any responses appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.