Search found 10 matches

by Cwsox5150
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: GPS Tracking how to's
Replies: 16
Views: 5787

Re: GPS Tracking how to's

Hey good sir, thank you so much for the response. Ive been messing with all the modes, for on the water it seems like the only one that does sort of what is needed is Snowboarding or Ski'ing. I tried those today, snowboarding mode didnt seem to catch the distance properly and Ski mode somehow exited...
by Cwsox5150
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:07 pm
Topic: GPS Tracking how to's
Replies: 16
Views: 5787

GPS Tracking how to's

Just got a Huawei GT2 Pro smart watch. Lot's of cool features on it. Just wondering how most of you do your sailing logs. So far from what I can tell I have to put the watch in outdoor run mode which gives me the option to look at speed, distance and gps track, its the only mode ive seen so far that...
by Cwsox5150
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:22 pm
Topic: Tuning/ Rigging Advice for a 5.0 Hot Sails Superfreak
Replies: 14
Views: 5028

Re: Tuning/ Rigging Advice for a 5.0 Hot Sails Superfreak

one small thing, unless you are running an adjustable outhaul, the clew should be snug or at least very close to the end of the boom, it helps stabilize the sai. I always used to leave mine with extra room, like in these pics, my thinking being that I could add outhaul easily if I was overpowered e...
by Cwsox5150
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:05 pm

I'd be happy to have a look at how it's rigged in person. PM me if you like. I loved these sails for their maneuverability and gust eating capabilities. Like Dave said, Overdownhauling/outhauling kills the feel of these awesome sails, but they are a bit different to rig from standard mono film sail...
by Cwsox5150
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm

As MF4 says, don't believe the numbers on the bag. I think some of the batches has misprints on them. They are a bit tough to rig, but should work I think on SDM or RDMs. They are probably less sensitive to differences in SDMs, but I think they might need a bit of a flex-top...? Not sure about the ...
by Cwsox5150
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 pm

Im pretty sure it likes 23cm of extension the best as 16 - 18 wasnt enough. Pretty sure i was over down hauling and definitely had to much OH as well. Not 100% about batten tension but it looks better than before. Thanks to Bobson for checking it over with me
by Cwsox5150
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Here is it rigged today with some help from Bobson
by Cwsox5150
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm

Excel Wave 400, 13'2", ICMS 19, SDM
by Cwsox5150
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Tuning/ Rigging Advice for a 5.0 Hot Sails Superfreak

As a more novice/ Intermediate sailor getting into things still, I am at the point where I am starting to pay more attention to the tuning of my rigs. Im slowly understanding the concepts and how to dial things in, but am always looking for tips. I am however having a hell of a time trying to tune a...
by Cwsox5150
Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 pm
Topic: Looking for Kevin Forsythe
Replies: 0
Views: 1578

Looking for Kevin Forsythe

Hey, my name is Chris Waet, I am 26, born and raised in B.C, I have lived in Alberta for 8 years, as a kid I got into Windsurfing in Parksville through a gentleman named Kevin Forsythe, Kevin was kind enough to teach me and hook me up with a full rig. I have lost contact with Kevin and heard he is n...