Search found 18 matches

by Graham
Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:20 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30465

On an entirely selfish note, I vote for Cordova Bay. (yes, GMac's sister lives in the purple house, dead centre on the beach...I think his parents still live a couple doors away too)

On a share-the-wealth-and-promote-wind/water-sports-on-the-island, I vote for Comox Spit.
by Graham
Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiting / windsurfing prenup
Replies: 1
Views: 1038

kiting / windsurfing prenup

I ran across this on kiteforum.com, and thought it was pretty funny: The Wind Clause I the undersigned have read, understood and agreed to the following: I will let kiter___________ (insert your name here) out of any previous plans we mave have made if there is a chance the wind might come up. I wil...
by Graham
Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:03 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Chem trails
Replies: 16
Views: 5282

Man, KUS you wrote all that with not one keyboard error. Kind of reminds me of that old "WKRP in Cincinnati" episode where Johnny Fever got more coordinated and quicker reflexes the more he drank!!
by Graham
Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:48 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: water assist at nitnat
Replies: 63
Views: 13838

For the record Dwayne...if you ever see me flailing helplessly out there, please feel free to come and offer me a ride. I say it's a bargain at twice the price!

I don't find the SeaDoo noisy and stinky. I find it re-assuring.
by Graham
Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:15 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinaht O.S.R.
Replies: 40
Views: 13482

I'm going tomorrow!!!
by Graham
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Cook Street Webcam news
Replies: 34
Views: 23910

Great news! Thanks Dave! You're right, we are REALLY spoiled having the cams. Even the latest reports is an amazing resource.
by Graham
Mon May 07, 2007 9:01 pm
Topic: Recommended roof racks?
Replies: 6
Views: 1895

I've had Thule and Yakima...and I much prefer the Yakima system. Strong, low wind noise, easy to change accessories for different sports, great locking mechanisms. The guys at All Seasons Sports near Hillside and Douglas/Gov't are great. Choose the bar length you need based on what you're going to b...
by Graham
Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:54 pm
Topic: Alta Lake, Whistler
Replies: 1
Views: 872

I lived in Whistler in the late 80's and then again in the mid 90's for a total of 5 years and though there was much talk of the wind on Alta Lake...I went to Squamish every chance I got. On a decent summer afternoon, there is something of a late afternoon thermal - usually around 4:00 - that would ...
by Graham
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 pm
Topic: New Kitesurfing spot in South America
Replies: 4
Views: 1677

Looks like paradise for us goofy-footers...
by Graham
Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Paraglider dies in Thunderstorm
Replies: 4
Views: 2416

Un-freakin-believeable!
by Graham
Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:24 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Brazil locations
Replies: 8
Views: 2580

Check out FORTALEZA!!!! Miles and miles of sand dunes / deserted beaches and a steady 20-25 kts of wind. I think there's a couple kite schools, who'll also follow you on a planned downwinder and bring you back.
by Graham
Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:20 am
Topic: maui accomodations
Replies: 6
Views: 2019

Hey Keener, About 10 years ago, my wife and I spent a month on the north shore just past Paia, about 200 yards to Hookipa (and a frisbee's throw away from Mama's Fish House). The place was called Kuau Towers, but is really a 3-storey walkup condo/apartment building - exterior stairs and walkways, de...
by Graham
Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:01 am
Topic: Flat kite self launch video
Replies: 17
Views: 4479

Yeah, nice and easy...when there's no barnacle encrusted rocks, logs, kelp, etc. to catch lines and rip leading edges!
by Graham
Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:24 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147199

Very well done Grant. Thanks.
by Graham
Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:23 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Thule box
Replies: 9
Views: 2518

For a new one, try All Seasons Sports (down near Douglas, Hillside, Gorge intersection). They have lots of great Thule and Yakima racks...maybe even something used.

I've bought a few things from them over the years, they're good people.

Graham.