Search found 6 matches

by ittiandro
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:43 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail
Replies: 15
Views: 3096

Re: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail

Concur with Grantmac's points. WingSUP is harder on your hands/arms/shoulders due to the increased friction with water. It's fun, it teaches wing handling, but for excitement, it pales in comparison to wingfoiling. Ask me anything about wingSUP. I spent enough time at it. Lol! Highrocker I agree wi...
by ittiandro
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:27 pm

Concur with Grantmac's points. WingSUP is harder on your hands/arms/shoulders due to the increased friction with water. It's fun, it teaches wing handling, but for excitement, it pales in comparison to wingfoiling. Ask me anything about wingSUP. I spent enough time at it. Lol! Highrocker I agree wi...
by ittiandro
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Thanks for clarifying Highrock's video, Grantmac. So, the speed shown on the graph in the video was not the wind's speed, but Highrocker's GPS- recorded speed, right?. He seems to be moving quite steadily all along the video, though. Does it mean that the winds were always around 15 knts/hr as a min...
by ittiandro
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCS1q8oxGGE Great video, Highrocker! If you were able to cruise around at that brisky pace in those low low winds , at times as low as 8 km/hr, without a foil, it is beyond my wildest expectations ! Looks like the wing is more than a pool-side toy, as some have put i...
by ittiandro
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:28 pm

What do you mean by a 'retractable centre fin'? Is this anything like a sailboard centreboard? This isn't one of those little centre fins that things like Starboard Start boards have? I suspect they are not going to do well. The Kona boards have a long, high aspect/high performance centreboard and ...
by ittiandro
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:39 am

Wing vs regular windsurfing sail

I am planning to try winGsurfing from windsurfing next summer, I weigh 90 kg and I will use a 5.4 m. Slingwing V2 on a 220 l, 85cm wide Tahe board, with no foil,just a retractable central fin and a 38 cm rear fin.I In these conditions, I am just curious to know what to expect. Things being equal, ho...