Search found 13 matches

by gnome
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Best vehicle for Nitinaht logging roads.
Replies: 33
Views: 7512

Cruiser Pic

Here she is:

by gnome
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:20 am
Topic: Best vehicle for Nitinaht logging roads.
Replies: 33
Views: 7512

We have a 'cruizer for sale

Hi Kevin et al... As luck would have it...John has been thinking about selling his 87 Land Cruiser for some time. We haven't done anything about it yet, but it could be available. He was planning to do a bit of work on it, but if someone wanted to do the work themselves...a smokin' deal could be up ...
by gnome
Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:07 pm
Topic: A Long Beach roadtrip
Replies: 10
Views: 3616

Awesome pics, Lee. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing others' pics too. It was a fun trip - as it always is.
by gnome
Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:09 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30448

I'll add my vote for the spit.
by gnome
Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: North Vancouver Island Web Cams
Replies: 3
Views: 3981

North Vancouver Island Web Cams

Vancouver Island Air has installed several web cams in Campbell River and other nearby inlets. They can be viewed here: http://www.vancouverislandair.com/ Check out the link on the left side of the page.
by gnome
Tue May 08, 2007 9:01 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Recommended roof racks?
Replies: 6
Views: 1895

Both the thule and yakima accessories will fit either bar system. I have thule bars and towers, and a slew of accessories - both yakima and thule. I have not yet come across an accessory (from any manufacturer) that does not fit on my thule bars. A fairing is a nice add-on for both noise and wind-re...
by gnome
Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 pm
Topic: Book format, software & applications
Replies: 8
Views: 2224

Nice job, Kus. I'm late weighing in...but I would do exactly what you've chosen. Text in word, followed by final layout in InDesign. An awesome program for page layout and perfect for the application - creating books. Good luck!!
by gnome
Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 am
Topic: Sailboats
Replies: 47
Views: 9035

Wow Kus...you are good!! The Kea has now gone to a new home in Edmonton. We'll miss her. But here is a link to a pic, in case you are interested, Dan. http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Brit ... ed_in.aspx
by gnome
Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:56 pm
Topic: Watch Doggin' the Development at Jordan River
Replies: 18
Views: 4534

If you don't receive a response from DFO, you may also try reporting this at http://www.Salmonopolis.ca. This new site is a partnership between David Suzuki Foundation and the Sierra Club - BC Chaper, and collects info on habitat violations, and follows up to ensure enforcement by DFO.
by gnome
Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Topic: Sailboats
Replies: 47
Views: 9035

F18 For sale

Well, I certainly wasn't going to try to flog this here, but since Kus has mentioned it.... we happen to have a Farrier-designed Trailertri F18 for sale!! It is in great shape, has just had the hulls repainted, and is ready to go. Just took it out for the long weekend, and we were able to sail when ...
by gnome
Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:58 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: glue for nose protector?
Replies: 8
Views: 1910

I wish I could agree with Kus. Unfortunately, I've now broken the nose off my 131 THREE times this year! I've finally sucked up the cost of a nose protector ($70!!! - wish I had your tip about second wind). I had also heard that contact cement was the way to go. But late on a Friday night, on route ...
by gnome
Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:53 am
Forum: News
Topic: KUS's Challenge
Replies: 42
Views: 11428

This was just the motivation I needed - thanks Kus. Another $5 for you!
by gnome
Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:45 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest 2006
Replies: 101
Views: 28905

I'm happy to help out on race day - registering, sign-up, course boat, etc. Assuming it is a sunny weekend, of course! ~Naomi