by dcardew
Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Toys - Big and Small
Replies: 1
Views: 1149

Toys - Big and Small

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWINygISxDE[/youtube]

This has been around for a while, but I haven't seen it here before. Happy Video Friday!
by dcardew
Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:47 am
Topic: x-UFO
Replies: 3
Views: 1598

I go to a number of police tradeshows during the summer and there is a company out there that has something similar with a wireless video camera attached. On the remote control there is a screen that displays what the camera sees. I was talking to the guy last year about and he said that some people...
by dcardew
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 pm
Topic: Windsurfing Podcasts
Replies: 0
Views: 956

Windsurfing Podcasts

I don't know if many of you have been required to submit to iTunes, I have, but this whole podcast thing can actually be pretty cool. Anyone out there know of any good windsurfing podcasts? My favourite so far is Ray's Windsurfing Video Podcast: http://web.mac.com/raycyr/iWeb/Rays_Podcast/Podcast/Po...
by dcardew
Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Insurance Help/Advice needed
Replies: 8
Views: 2220

My bmst flooded in Nov. Luckily it was covered. The reason why it was covered is because a drin backed up and caused the flood. If a mass amount of water just happened to fall on my house and it flooded even though the drain was there and clear, then it wouldn't be covered. I guess their reasoning f...
by dcardew
Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:53 pm
Topic: Distractions: Use for time wasting awaiting updates !!!
Replies: 26
Views: 7112

Sailing Video

Nothing to do with windsurfing, but one of the best sailing videos I've ever seen, you only need to watch a minute of it, it's just more of the same.

www.bernard-stamm.com/
by dcardew
Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:59 pm
Topic: Job opportunity?
Views: 1836

Job opportunity?

Ever wanted to be a propulsion engineer for a large shipping company? The day might come...

http://62.96.221.234/streamingfarm/Skys ... 68k.wmv%20

Borrowed from www.sailinganarchy.com
by dcardew
Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:29 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal surf vehicle???
Replies: 167
Views: 33327

I once met a guy living on Pender (at the time), who took an old mini, removed the back seats, cut it in two, and added 36" to the middle. It ended up being long enough for him to lay down in with his surf board next to him and gear at his feet. The performance was the same as a normal mini, co...
by dcardew
Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:32 pm
Topic: Windsurfing Videos
Views: 1887

Windsurfing Videos

http://www.windsurfingmag.com/videos.jsp?r=9

"Mistral Sequence 1" was previously posted, but I hadn't seen "Mistral Sequence 2" & "Mistral Sequence 3" on here.

I love synthesisers.
by dcardew
Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:58 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Port Renfrew
Replies: 7
Views: 2111

Thank you!
by dcardew
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:12 pm

Yeah the road is long, but I like how far PR is away from the crowds, and I don't know if I'm ready yet for Nat, maybe next year. I don't know if my little Acura Integra would like the gravel road to Nat, anyone out there driving small vehicles up there? Maybe I should look into raising it 4 inches,...
by dcardew
Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:49 am

Port Renfrew

Has anyone been out windsurfing in Port Renfrew? Just wondering what the conditions are like out there and when the wind blows. I heard that if it's blowing 20 up at Nitinat it'll be 15 in Renfrew. Same thermal development, just looking for some confirmation of this. My car wouldn't like the Nitinat...
by dcardew
Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Topic: What size board do I need?
Views: 1242

What size board do I need?

Hello, I'm a newb! I windsurfed when I was younger, on floater boards, and now want to get back into, almost 13 years later. I went out to Elk Lake and rented one of their boards and remembered how to do it. Now I'm looking for gear. What size board should a beginner buy that will let him learn on a...