Search found 19 matches

by elt
Mon May 01, 2023 1:23 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail
Replies: 15
Views: 3085

Re: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail

I have lots of experience with windsurfing, windfoiling and wingfoiling and I cannot imagine wanting to use a wing without a foil as they are like holding a towel in the wind compared to a windsurf sail. There's a reason people only do this once or twice to learn about wing handling before moving to...
by elt
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 pm
Topic: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil
Replies: 14
Views: 7300

Re: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil

Great video and interesting to hear their comments! The only part I didn't agree with Wyatt on was the low wind shlog home disadvantage of a wingfoil. That's about the float in your board not sail vs wing. Just choose your board size appropriately for the wind reliability. In fact I've found it eas...
by elt
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Though I'm probably much better on the foil now than I was when I last windfoiled, it seems like, using the same board and foil, the 7.0 Flyer could get me foiling in 12g14 and the 6.5 Slick wing can get me going in the same 12g14. That's my lowest end, and for me under 12 knots and I'm stalling an...
by elt
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:13 pm

Here's my experience: I windfoil on a Wizard 125L board most often with a 7.3 non-cambered sail and 2066cm Slingshot Infinity 84cm. I like to see at gusts to at least 13 knots on my local wind sensor before I go out with it. A solid 10 knots is pretty much useless, but with the gusts to 13ish I can ...
by elt
Wed May 19, 2021 11:49 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82415

I just got my jibes to and from switch recently. I found the most useful advice I got was as follows: -Speed is indeed your friend -Keep weight forwards, I was leaning back and stalling the foil -Forget the handwing it's the easy part, focus on the foilboard and keeping it's speed through the jibe -...
by elt
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:09 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiters on Bowen Island? Can I foil there?
Replies: 3
Views: 2913

I know an accomplished waterman/kitefoiler who moved to Bowen. Occasionally he will foil there, but it is purely a novelty spot for him and he described it as sketchy which I would translate as being terrifying for most people. Personally I think it would be hell living on Bowen and being into winds...
by elt
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:24 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100338

Can anyone with an s25 comment on their wings? Are you happy with them? How is it with the window? Does the window feel really flimsy? Very happy with my S25 5.3m, and have a 3.6m on the way. Very nice build quality, great performance. The windows are definitely not flimsy, but Naish screwed up by ...
by elt
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100338

Can anyone with an s25 comment on their wings? Are you happy with them? How is it with the window? Does the window feel really flimsy?
by elt
Sat May 02, 2020 9:22 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 53795

I picked up an Infinity 84 from a buddy last week. Wow. Low end grunt with my Zeta 5.8 is impressive. Running it on position C on the Slingshot and the setup is balanced and it rises in next to no wind. I was foiling in 8-10 knots. Super stable and "lazy" surfing feel. My jibes on the H2 ...
by elt
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 pm
Topic: Wingfoil to share
Replies: 11
Views: 6928

Re: wing review

Helpful and informative review: https://reefwarriors.wordpress.com/2019/12/10/wingy-dingy-thingy-vs-wwf-comparison/?fbclid=IwAR0naSOlw0ZM8WgBQ2x9svIHJ30LR1SUbya94_dxJsB_cwUUEmiqXMjiZ2Q From a windsurf foiler, so gives both perspectives. This part is kinda bad news for my hopes n dreams, as downwind...
by elt
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 pm

nice, welcome to the club. I have a Gong 7m, yet to be used after selling my 5m and upgrading. Unusually Large Robin has a 4m Duotone I believe. And Chris G in Vancouver has one as well. That's about it for the wing crowd so far. will keep you posted if I ever get up to CB or IV for some wind. This...
by elt
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:35 am

nice, welcome to the club. I have a Gong 7m, yet to be used after selling my 5m and upgrading. Unusually Large Robin has a 4m Duotone I believe. And Chris G in Vancouver has one as well. That's about it for the wing crowd so far. will keep you posted if I ever get up to CB or IV for some wind. This...
by elt
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 pm
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61387

If I get to that point Juan with my H2, I'll for sure let you know first. It may also be worth doing an online chat with mackiteboarding to see if they have any demo or damaged H2s that aren't on their website. That's how I got myself a blemished H5, though they are a dime a dozen comparatively.
by elt
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Whyatt (slingshot sponsored rider) has said he far prefers the Infinity wings for overall riding and carving but he jumps using one of the fast kite wings. Basically he doesn't have a use for the H2 and honestly I consider it a crappy design. They picked a far more efficient airfoil for the infinit...
by elt
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

I'm not, however a bunch of guys bought them down in Seattle. The overall impression is far better than the H2 wing (which I do have). Earlier take off but the same or higher top end. Better pitch stability and more secure in the carve. I'm waiting for the price to come down a little then I'll get ...