Search found 23 matches

by EvanOR
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:34 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Port Alberni to Nitinat
Replies: 13
Views: 4580

Easy. About 90 mins and well marked. Google Maps route legit.
by EvanOR
Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:44 pm
Topic: Port Alberni to Nitinat
Replies: 13
Views: 4580

Port Alberni to Nitinat

Never done this route - via Bamfield/Carmanah. Anybody know if the Google Maps route is legit? Road conditions about the same as via Cowichan?

Thanks
by EvanOR
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Topic: Windfest this year?
Replies: 11
Views: 4119

Cool, thanks for the help Steve, and that makes sense. Do you know which day the course race will be held? I'm assuming it's on the weekend.
by EvanOR
Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 am

Any news on this? Wrapping up the Worlds in SF tomorrow and we need to make decision regarding the race boards by Monday. If anyone knows anything your info would be greatly appreciated.
by EvanOR
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:33 pm
Topic: Squamish - 2009 Race Series
Replies: 1
Views: 678

Very cool, really stoked to see this up and running - congratulations! You may even see some of the SF crew dropping in for a night, and of course we welcome you to do the same in SF!
by EvanOR
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 am

Windfest this year?

Hi All, Myself and rest of the Cali crew are stoked bigtime and really looking forward to this again. We'll be coming off the World Course racing championships so some R&R at the lake is going to be great! Anyway, and word or details on the festivities this year? In specific, we'd like to know i...
by EvanOR
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 am
Topic: Kiting Yucatan
Replies: 10
Views: 2758

It depends what you want. Cozumel has stronger wind and more variety when it comes to kiting, but it is harder to access and you will only be able to take advantage if it at the intermediate level or higher. Tulum has lighter wind, but nicer beaches and you can learn and take lessons there. The ruin...
by EvanOR
Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:08 am

I don't recall there being anyone teaching lessons in Cozumel.....the wind is side off-shore on the inside of the island so lessons would require a boat or ski. On the outside, you have waves.
by EvanOR
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Get in touch with Marco in Tulum and tell him I said hi! He has a great lesson set up and also a small hotel, though you may be looking for something more posh than that. There are plenty of four and five star resorts in the area - some right beside the beach you will take your lessons on. http://ww...
by EvanOR
Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest pictures and Video
Replies: 5
Views: 1937

Dale,

A huge thanks from myself and everyone who came along with me from California and Oregon. We had a fantastic time and I can tell you that it was without a doubt the best run kitesurfing event I have attended, any time, any place!

One of Crew took these pics:

http://www.wmd.com/200808canada/
by EvanOR
Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo/Windydevil Crew dominate Nitinat Windfest race!
Replies: 0
Views: 694

Ocean Rodeo/Windydevil Crew dominate Nitinat Windfest race!

We had sun and wind for four days - more photos coming. Ocean Rodeo/Windydevil dominated the course race. There were 58 riders on the start line, and it was a fantastic race. Around 15-18 knots, clear skies, and smooth water. 1st place - Richard Myerscough, the head honcho of OR - riding a 2009 12m ...
by EvanOR
Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm
Topic: STOLEN - 2 Boards, 1 Kite
Views: 2491

Great news! The Custom race was found outside a local hotel room and is being picked up tonight - hopefully it's in one piece...it goes to show how important it is to put your contact information on your equipment! I'm already back in San Francisco and John Amundson has already begun shaping my new ...
by EvanOR
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: NITINAHT WINDFEST 2008
Replies: 7
Views: 3371

A few quick questions. 1) Can we register for the races at the lake on Saturday or do we need to do so in advance? 2) What are the fees for the events? 3) Course racing - is it a similar course to last year (upwind/downwind) or will there be a reaching mark? Rules - I'm assuming you are following st...
by EvanOR
Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 am
Topic: Party at Windance Friday night
Replies: 1
Views: 782

Awesome Dave, wish I could be there. For those of you who haven't attended one, Windance parties rock! A few pics from the Memorial day shaker. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2534800530_dc53a8d9d2_o.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/2535281796_4042f759f1_b.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.c...
by EvanOR
Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 pm
Topic: kitesurfing in Oahu
Replies: 2
Views: 881

You won't find shallow water on Oahu, but head to Kailua on the Windward side and ask for directions to the beach park by Kalapawai Market. If the Trades are working it will be kiteable and it's a great spot. Of all the places I have ridden it has by far the most spectacular scenery and the locals a...