Search found 9 matches

by DonWagstaf
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:05 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: San Pareil Launch Area
Replies: 2
Views: 901

Good to know about that launch point. I find that the areas where you can only launch at low tide are a pain; it''ll be windy, but it's high tide (or the tide is coming in) or it will be low tide with miles of beach but no wind at all. It really reduces riding days.
by DonWagstaf
Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm
Topic: San Pareil Launch Area
Replies: 2
Views: 901

San Pareil Launch Area

Hey Guys, Stupid-ish question: All I have read on here about San Pareil says that you have to wait for the tide to go out and use the exposed beach to launch. But looking on google maps, it looks like there is a huge grass area next the the englishman river art gallery. Can kiters use that area to l...
by DonWagstaf
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:14 pm
Topic: Anyone interested in partnering up on lessons?
Replies: 6
Views: 1789

Thanks for the replies everyone. I talked to the instructor again and told him my friends had begged off. He said he a had a lot of people waiting to take lessons with him, so he can easily "supply" (as it were) a learning partner. I do think it is good that there are a few beginners like ...
by DonWagstaf
Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Cool, that'd be awsome
by DonWagstaf
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Anyone interested in partnering up on lessons?

Greetings,

I was planning on taking lessons with Tyler Harvey of Revolution Kiteboarding. Taking lessons with him (or other instructors) requires two two. I had a few friends interested, but they all begged off for various reasons. Are there any beginners on here who would be interested?
by DonWagstaf
Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:05 pm
Topic: LEI vs Foil trainer kites (from a beginner)
Replies: 8
Views: 2100

And I fully intend on taking lessons. I was never presenting a trainer as an alternative to lessons, rather it so far seems to me that experience on a trainer will help you get more out of lessons. Basic kiting (and relaunching in the case of the LEI trainer) will be something I already have a good ...
by DonWagstaf
Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Yeah, I'm totally aware of the arguments against getting a trainer, however I still feel that I'd get more out of a lession if I went into it already knowing as much as possible about kite flying. Most of the posts on this subject that I have read on various forums seem to be very firmly pro or agai...
by DonWagstaf
Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:43 pm

So a harness too eh? Cool. And the Session harnesses are a good way to go? As an aside, how easy is it to wear a harness, OR Session or otherwise, with a PFD?
by DonWagstaf
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:55 pm

LEI vs Foil trainer kites (from a beginner)

I have seen this discussed in passing on other posts, but it would be cool if it got definitively dealt with. Most people who learned on trainer kites learned on 2-line foil trainers (or that's the impression I get). But there are also 4-line foils and 4-line inflatables. Are these (especially the i...