Views: 5490

\:D/ [smilie=beer.gif]
by DavidM
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Missing Naish Glbal M windsurf board in Georgia Strait
Replies: 14
Views: 5490

I'm sorry to hear about your lost board. I was just admiring it on your truck rack a couple days ago while you were out foiling. Beautifiul carbon/kevlar weave showing up under the blue tint epoxy. So sad. Hope it washes up on a sandy beach and is returned. I'm glad you are safe on shore. Fortunatel...
by DavidM
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:03 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: WindFoiling - Base Plate Shims
Replies: 4
Views: 2785

Thanks Juan.

I was wondering about those fiber/plastic shims they sell at home depot. They are used to shim doors frames and thresholds etc.
by DavidM
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:00 am
Topic: WindFoiling - Base Plate Shims
Replies: 4
Views: 2785

WindFoiling - Base Plate Shims

Has anyone been shimming their foil base plate to get the best alignment of the foil blade with the bottom of the board? If so, what have you been using? Foilmount do sell a shim kit with (3) 1 deg. shims and articulated t-bolts so bolt alignment has 100% bearing. $59 USD for shims and bolts plus sh...
by DavidM
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 am
Topic: RRd firemove 135 vs jp superlightwind with big sails
Replies: 27
Views: 10076

what is your weight and what size sails do you want to use it with? That would have a bearing on what size of firemove you require. I say this because you may not need a 135 ltr. I am 225 lbs and ride a 110 ltr Firemove as my light wind session saver or when conditions are sketchy (gusty) ie 8 to 25...
by DavidM
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:40 am
Topic: Replacement EVA foam deck pad / traction pad for SUP
Replies: 10
Views: 4572

Winddude, you are right! Heat or hairdryer. The Dremel tool is just like a putty knife on steriods 😂
by DavidM
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:06 am

Dremel Multi Max with widest scraper blade (used with care of course) . Seen in one of the photos.

Some reason website does not activate entire link, so copy and paste.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkhqBO6YDmWatRxtME4_00SrwWfp
by DavidM
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:55 am

Saul, I did a new pad on my Hokua. Nasty job getting old pad off. Come over and visit. I will show you the tool to get the pad off very quickly. Then you will have to deal with the adhesive. I used toluene, contact cement remover and acetone....separately of course...and a lot of paper towels. They ...
by DavidM
Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 pm
Topic: Source for fin boxes?
Replies: 16
Views: 6171

Goya build their prototypes and customs on Maui with 6" kinetic US boxes (A-Box). Hajo had contacted Goya (Pascal) and that was his answer as to why no mini tuttles at the Maui shop. Pascal tried to get Keith to bring some mini tuttles back on his recent trip to Cobra but that didn't happen &am...
by DavidM
Mon May 21, 2018 7:25 pm
Topic: Source for fin boxes?
Replies: 16
Views: 6171

I have been getting the 8" fin boxes from Swell Composites. They are Futures Strong Box (A-Box). Seem just as strong as Chinook's, but seem a little lighter in weight. They are a bit long for what is really required for thrusters. What I was looking for was 5 - 6" A-Box and haven't found a...
by DavidM
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:02 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Windsport and Super Burrito Wave Camp 2017!
Replies: 86
Views: 36858

Great photos C36. Looks like you are all having an epic time!!!
by DavidM
Mon May 15, 2017 11:49 am
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 53578

Foiling 50knts, 2.0m2 sail and 70 ltr board. Bring sail to beach rigged in your vw van.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYadHfkHLtU
by DavidM
Thu May 11, 2017 9:16 pm
Topic: Nanaimo Search and Rescue Funraising Dinner and Beer
Replies: 2
Views: 1474

Thanks KnottyPat!

The dinner and beer were great. Silent auction was fun too. Nanaimo windsurf mutts in attendance were Eastside, his spouse Otherside, and my spouse PatriciaM.

Hoped to have more windsurfers/kiters represented, but event looked as though it was sold-out as it was :D
by DavidM
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:08 am
Topic: #!@%!!!! Broken Slot Box
Replies: 11
Views: 3679

Very nice work Lawrence!!! :D
by DavidM
Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 pm
Topic: Nanaimo Search and Rescue Funraising Dinner and Beer
Replies: 2
Views: 1474

Nanaimo Search and Rescue Funraising Dinner and Beer

The Nanaimo RCMSAR is having a fundraising Beer and Dinner at the end of the month. It is a dinner at the Modern Cafe, 3 courses (I think), and a beer. Location: Modern Cafe, 221 Commercial Street, Nanaimo. Date April 29, 2017, 6pm. Price: $30 Support and meet the dudes that you might need one day! ...