Search found 13 matches

by wullis
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: COVID - Should we be on the water?
Replies: 5
Views: 3711

Well said, Kus. I posted on kite forum, asking people’s impression on riding a surfboard with 10m lines. Hoping that I stumble on to the golden ticket with my 10m razor and surfboard for getting access at smaller, less used beaches. Personally I am gonna give Cook st a miss for the next while, but o...
by wullis
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Topic: COVID - Should we be on the water?
Replies: 5
Views: 3711

COVID - Should we be on the water?

I am thinking of going kiting, but also want to be socially responsible. I am also on the fence on the optics of being out there when many people are staying home. I think there is zero risk of me getting/giving COVID (or the flu/cold, etc) while out on the water, and keeping my distance on the beac...
by wullis
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:17 pm
Topic: Gordon’s Beach for a new kiter
Replies: 4
Views: 2850

Not to mention I am overdue for a Nitnaht trip!
by wullis
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks JL,
I will cross my fingers for some more summer windy days, and then it will be IV.
See you out there!!
by wullis
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:27 am

Gordon’s Beach for a new kiter

Hi BWD’ers, I have a friend who took lessons with Ellevation this summer, and later went back for another lesson with Strong, all at Nitinaht. He can do self rescue, body drag, get up on the board, and is just starting to hold ground(ie. not quite going up-wind). I haven’t kited Gordon’s Beach for o...
by wullis
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Boardriding Maui
Replies: 2
Views: 1700

Its either a super easy thing to do, or he is very skilled and makes it look easy. Either way, it's clear he is relaxed. And that kite is tiny, folded up you can almost put it in your wallet.
by wullis
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:35 am
Topic: Boardriding Maui
Replies: 2
Views: 1700

Boardriding Maui

Have you guys seen the new Model D from Boardriding Maui?

https://vimeo.com/204927223

It seems like this kite is impossible to stall. Kinda reminds me of one of those 4 line precision kites people fly on clover point.
by wullis
Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:04 pm
Topic: Flying with kite gear?
Replies: 11
Views: 3370

Cardboard KiteBag

Ryan, I just got back last night from flying to Cancun with my kitegear. I have a big dive bag, in which i put my clothes and my whole kitebag. (naish cult 10.5, which packs up nice and small). For my board i made a "board case" out of a big U-Haul cardboard box. I just added a little hand...
by wullis
Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:11 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: New Online Windsurfing Mag
Views: 1974

www.iksurfmag.com is also a great online mag[/i]
by wullis
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 pm
Topic: Helmet cam options
Replies: 13
Views: 2580

That video of yours came out great! I really like the wide-angle/fish-eye look. Great music too
by wullis
Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:01 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Aaron Hadlow in Cape Town Video
Replies: 6
Views: 2545

Aaron Hadlow in Cape Town Video

Found this the other day. Flexifoil rider, Aaron Hadlow, riding in Cape Town, the mother city. Don't know how they did it, but the cinamatography is incredible

http://hadlowpro.com
by wullis
Thu May 29, 2008 1:30 pm
Topic: Lost Cabrinha Bar and Lines at IV
Replies: 1
Views: 772

Found

My Bar was found and returned yesterday, Thank you very much Kenny
by wullis
Tue May 27, 2008 8:20 pm
Topic: Lost Cabrinha Bar and Lines at IV
Replies: 1
Views: 772

Lost Cabrinha Bar and Lines at IV

Hi all, I got to gordo's today, and inflated my kite, only to realize that my bar wasn't in the bag. I must have have left it at IV yesterday. Its a red and black Cabrinha bar with Recon system. This is quite a loss as they don't make those bars anymore... $50 dollar reward