Nitinaht Windfest 2006

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

meeting

Post by Bobson »

Yup, I meant 23 or 24th(Fri or Sat)...good catch.

Is it windy yet..??
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Starboard Steve

Post by Starboard Steve »

I'm in Bubbason and willing to help out.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Idiot much..??

Post by Bobson »

Hey I'm an idiot!! I'm headed down to the Gorge next weekend so getting together for a beer won't work next weekend for me.

If you can send me your name and email address,(phone # too if you like) I'll be able to set up a time this week to get together....maybe Tues or Wed after work. At least start out with getting a group email sent out so we all know what is needed and are starting out on the same page.

SO, if you'd like to be involved in this WIRED-LIKE event in any form even if it's just beverage/bbq tester PLEASE send me a PM or email to or call me on my cell at 250-686-6140.

We're 8 weeks away so I'd like to get started sooner rather than later.
This is going to be Soooooooooo Much FUN :D :!: :!:
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

there will be a lot of island sailors down south next week, maybe we can kick around some ideas over fullsails. My idea is a batch of t-shirts and hats that say "WIRED-LIKE EVENT '06"
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

email/phone list

Post by Bobson »

Okay, Tuesday evening! Where and when is up to YOU! Contact me(PM, email, phone, yell really loud out your window!) and let me know if you're able to attend and we'll pick a place. If more than 2 people are going to come then I'll show up, if not I'll just send an email with info out for now.

If you haven't given me your email address yet or don't think I have it then please give it to me when you contact me. :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Medivixen

Post by Medivixen »

How bout 5th St Bar and Grill at 7pm or so? My bf and I are in. So theres 2 already. hehe
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I'm travelling back from Prince Rupert, so won't be able to attend this one. Will try for any others, though, and will set a vacation to coincide with the event.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

will try for this after sailing, not sure if I will make it there by 7, hope to. 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Crankypants

Post by Bobson »

I will be there at 6:30 so see you then. I will buy first round.
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Medivixen

Post by Medivixen »

okay we will see you around 7 then...oh one question tho how will I know who you are when we walk in? hehe :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

he's dark, tall, and ...well, not so handsome being a beaten up big rugby guy...his atavar is quite accurate....but he has a big smile 8) Me dark, tall, of course handsome and....old, may wear my BWD sweatshirt if I can unearth it... :P I will head for the barstools if I don't recognize anyone, safe ground and all that :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

WIRED-LIKE-EVENT

Post by Bobson »

Just finished chatting with Wyatt Miller and things for the WIRED-LIKE-EVENT are progressing well. I will post a to-do list Friday or Saturday and people can sign up for what they'd like to do. It'll mostly be sitting at the registration desk all day Friday and Saturday morning in shifts, bringing up tables, food, utensils etc and some prep and cooking for the BBQ on Saturday night and spotters for the races. Possibly people to help the kids with some fun events too(paddle board races, treasure hunt etc.) to keep everyone with something to do.

There should be lots of giveaways, prizes, swag for everyone. They will probably be a small registration fee just to recoup expenses and confirm the competitors information.

Again, if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, I am open to everything and am fond of chocolate....HA! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

WIRED-LIKE_EVENT

Post by Bobson »

Also, need some KITER-DUDES(ETTES) to talk to that want to organize some kiting events/demo's/clinic's as I'm not a KITE expert or really even know what you people are doing up the beach...??....HA, HA!!

Anyways, if and of you kiteboarding crazies wants to get some kite events involved in this WIRED-LIKE-EVENT then post/PM/Email/call me so we can decide what is needed and how to coordinate the kite events with the windsurfing events so as not to piss anyone off too much!

The sooner the better!!!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Mark

website

Post by Mark »

hey.....just wanted to know if there is a website for this event......i am possibly interested in coordinating a kite event (boarder cross and/or freestyle).....the reason i ask for a website is mainly due to sponsorship requests........but I/we are also interested in pre-registration requirements, and rider requests (locals only?), what gear required, facilities available, weather, funds required (by event planners/sponsors), volunteers required/available, insurance, social events (music/food), transportation, safety gear/markers/boats/aid available, camping/hotel availability, maps, list of sponsors already involved, prizes (money/gear?), cost for rider entry.......there's probably more.....this might be something for next year instead due to shortage of time now available for organising....(Mr. Robsun) please e-mail Mark at .......
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Wired-Like

Post by Bobson »

hey Mark, I just saw you post now. You have many questions, that is good. I don't have many answers yet that is bad. I am currently working on the funding to ensure it's financially viable. The title WIRED-LIKE event is exactly that. It's the first year back after a 3 year hiatus with mostly new people involved so this event is not going to be a full on WIRED event. As this is my first time involved with the event I'd like to keep it on the smaller side. If you or any other kiters want to organize some kite racing/freestyle events that's great. You can do demo's all you want. There is insurance for anyone taking part in the event. I will be creating the registration forms next week and posting them on this site. I'm thinking the entry fee will be in the $20-$25 range to allow more people to get in and enjoy the racing. All who enter will receive tickets for a BBQ dinner on Saturday night and draw tickets for prizes.

I will email you tomorrow with a better answer for your questions.
Thanks,
BOBSON. :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!