Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

RD: And you were worried about week 3. :wink: Look at you at the end of week 6 with a 4 week break headed your way!!! :D :D :D That's AWESOME! Keep up the fight! :twisted:

Soon it will be time for 'doing' again, instead of watching! :wink:
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Good to hear! I hear you on those stairs - but be kind to yourself.

I look forward to more SUPing with you in the spring!

Cheers,

Paul
Vive et Ama
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Cross post from the "fundraiser thread" in case others had not seen it there.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:49 pm (week 6)
Russian Dood wrote:...OK here is my update.

First of all I am off my dual radio-chemo cycle! Woo hoo!!! Getting better!

On the other hand week 6 hit me pretty hard compare to the others. Not the treatment itself but rather the accumulation stuff. I couldn't believe I had to spend two days at home just sleeping and recovering! But now I am starting to get back on.

I am getting off steroids. Hopefully it'll help to reduce my face size and the uniboob :) I started walking around town again! And most importantly I started doing some mental strength exercise. I have to tell you that is not what it used to be! I am doing some chess easy task stuff. Before my treatment I used to do them in a speedy mode with 100% result. Not I have to think and the result is only about 80%! Oh well.... I guess if you dont use the brain muscle it goes weak as any other ones.

Other than that I have my strength recovery plan, and I am waiting to start my chemo sessions in about three weeks.

That's all my news.
Cheers

Andrei
RD: Sorry to hear week 6 hit you so hard. Hope the next couple of weeks gives your body and mind some time to bounce back!

I had one of the WTOY logos out for a spin yesterday (Nov 11) at White Rock Beach. Hope you felt the pleasure :D , but not the pain (when that 'wall of wind' from the NW hit :shock: :( ). Details here and pictures here.

Keep up the fight! :twisted:
Last edited by C36 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

RD: I just wanted to let you know I had the WTOY logo out on my 5.2 yesterday (Nov 16) - everytime I look back down my boom and saw it, it brought a smile to my face (even though it was cold and flat) - I hope you felt the healing positive energy being sent your way! :D
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm (week 7)
Russian Dood wrote:Hi guys!

It's me again with my weekly update. So as I mentioned earlier I am off my second round of treatment and now I am getting off steroids. Well I have to say it is not that easy. I am weaker than I was during the treatment, barely making myself to walk every day, but I am sure it is going to pass at some point. Still doing my brain exercises with not much of improvement :( but I am sure it's going to pass as soon as I get my physical strength back.

That's all my news
Cheers

Andrei
Last edited by C36 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 pm (week eight)

Here is my weekly report. Nothing to report except I am getting off steroids. Today is the last day I took the pill and since the dosage changed 3 weeks ago I already started losing weight around "steroid" areas. The only down side I am so weak - it's unbelievable! Last couple of days I am feeling better than during the last three weeks, but on the weekend I barely could stay awake for more than three hours :( So I had to stop doing my brain training exercises.

But I am getting stronger. Another couple of weeks and I'll be almost as new, I think. And then I'm going on chemo.

That's all my news.

Cheers

Andrei
Last edited by C36 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Sandy Beach wrote:...Positive healing vibes flowing your way, RD, and your flag flying at C.B. was awesome to see today in the webcam! ...

8) Now that is creative! :D
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:07 pm (week 9)

Here is my weekly report. Still getting off the steroids. I can't believeit is that difficult! Every time I get off them completely I get fever so I have to go back and just reduce the amount I take. Every time I reduce the dosage I am so weak I barely can move for a couple of days. But I am on 0.25 mg instead of 4 mg. I guess I am getting there!

Another news: I got permission from my doctor to drive. That is nice since some times I feel like I am in prison in my own appartment, but now I can drive around!

Just a reminder for you guys, next week I start my first chemo cycle. That is going to be interesting ...

Thats all my news.
Cheers
Andrei
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Note the WTOY sticker on Kus' sail! 8) Nicely done! :D

C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 pm (week 10)

You guys rock! Getting another $700 is great!

Here is my next weekly report.

Getting off the steroids while doing a chemo cycle is interesting... I had brain splitting headache during the movie day. Slept whole day long and didn't feel like going anywhere that night, sorry. And now I am experiencing different symptoms but hey I am getting better!

That's all my news

Andrei
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted on: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm (week 11)

Well this time I do have something to report. I am sick, not like puke sick like after or during chemo, but some sort of flu which is no fun. It's been like that for about a week. So instead of getting ready to start working I am fighting this stupid flu. Makes me sad.

And I do have another 5 chemo cycles to go through. :twisted:

That's all my news

Andrei

RD: As JL said in the "fundraiser" thread, I hope you have a better week ahead! :D And I think I know what the problem might be - I have WTOY logos on all my sails now, but with no wind they haven't been out on the water in weeks, :cry: which means less stoke and positive healing vibes being sent your way. :oops:

Well with the holiday here and hopeful there will be a lot of healing vibes headed your way (with or without wind) - I know what I am asking for Christmas! :wink:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

keep it going, buddy, hope that flu's beaten down too by now :evil: :twisted:
early days in this pic :D
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... play_media
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Posted on: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am (week 12)

here is my another weekly status report.

It took me a while to get sick from my flu sickness :) so I decided to just live my life as I used to do. Doesn't work as I would expect it :) But better than just sitting in four walls being trapped like in a prison.

This week I didn't do much, just getting ready for the next chemo and doing top secret x-max errands :D

That's all my news.

Cheers
Andrei
RD: Hope you are feeling a little better this week. :D

I tried to send you a little holiday spirit (and healing vibes) from White Rock Beach on Christmas Day (with WTOY logo in place on my 4.0). :D Log can be found here and a few pictures here.

I will be thinking of you on January 6 (Holy Supper) and January 7 (Russian Christmas) - I hope I got that right. :?

I will also be hoping the other Christmas 'present' I asked for (a fully recover for RD), will be arriving soon! :wink:
Last edited by C36 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Favorite pictures!

Post by jellyfish »

Great to spontaneously bump into you today Andrei :lol:
Handsome as ever 8)
Attachments
P6298430[1].JPG
P6298430[1].JPG (151.08 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
P6298429[1].JPG
P6298429[1].JPG (171 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

RD: There are a couple of shots of the WTOY logo in action on December 25 at White Rock Beach here as reported by the Peace Arch News 8) - too bad most of the shots of my sail are standing around in the shore break. :oops:

Still nice to watch the slide show with the music cranked! :D

Last edited by C36 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.