Search found 73 matches

by CTK
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:10 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Input from all interested users please. ROW in waves
Replies: 26
Views: 10448

I can't believe the extent of the conversation on this subject. Anyone that is new to riding a new location (especially dangerous wave location) should just hold off and watch how the ROW works if they don't know or understand. Every spot has idiosyncrasies. If your new to the spot, ask questions, r...
by CTK
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:12 pm
Topic: Proposed Clover Point upgrades from city of victoria
Replies: 18
Views: 8735

A group of new kiters have started to kite off Clover over the past few years. Use to just be Light Wind Larry. Plus there is a lot more kiters on the water so we do kinda need to spread out.
by CTK
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 am

Also they want to change the name to picnic point.....😞
by CTK
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:28 am

Completely against. Parking in that area will be a big issue. Hiking gear down there from a few blocks away for people that kite there is a pain. Plus I freedive off there on the occasion which will also be a pain. I wouldn't want to drop my gear there and leave it unattended while I drive 3 blocks ...
by CTK
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17139

ATOMIC.. those Kayaker that have been in the way for the past while are not from BC and have been camping up North Main.
by CTK
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:51 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Hello and advice
Replies: 20
Views: 10078

I would also suggest learning kiteboarding. Especially for your son. A few days of lessons and he will be up and riding. Not wanting to discourage windsurfing as there is a time and place for it. But overall kiteboarding is very versatile, not very gear heavy (in relation to windsurfing) and he can ...
by CTK
Sat May 16, 2020 11:06 am
Topic: Kite self rescue
Replies: 14
Views: 7332

john...Have you never been to Nat?
by CTK
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:43 pm
Topic: Localism
Replies: 28
Views: 13753

I always give right of way to surfers. Windsurfers I will ride the proper right of wave line up with but if I see a bad situation involving windsurfer I will give them the right of way as they aren't as maneuverable. Except for the beard baron of Pistol. That guys a dick and has put me in bad situat...
by CTK
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm
Topic: Localism
Replies: 28
Views: 13753

Kited Ventura California in side off conditions and the few surfers were apologizing for charging for waves we were on coming down the line from the point. First time I had surfers being apologetic and giving right of way respectfully.
by CTK
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm
Topic: Lost OR kite tugwell
Replies: 4
Views: 2816

wow.. like ditched in the water.. then left?
by CTK
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Views: 18722

Plus if anyone needs someone for installation i own a constuction company with lots of ladders, scaffold, tools, and miscellaneous materials, screw, bolts, and brackets. Just let me know whats needed and we can arrange a time to install
by CTK
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:21 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Views: 18722

Has anyone asked BA if she would be up for hosting a bwd camera? Lives a couple doors down from the Agate lane launch and actively involved in the wind community
by CTK
Fri May 24, 2019 7:22 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28343

wow.. that road is intense. Sad to see that beautiful old growth walk gone. That was the one selling point for non-kiters and one of the highlights of the spot for anyone that hasn't experienced the lake before.
by CTK
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:20 am
Topic: Agate vs IV
Replies: 4
Views: 3894

Island view by a long shot... big rig and launch area. But no good for beginners on heavy SE storm frontals.
Agate is a small rig and launch area and only works on a NE.
by CTK
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:45 am
Topic: Rigging area Pat Bay
Replies: 8
Views: 4821

As other have stated... kited there in the past... live pretty close. Mainly only kite it on a lower tide which gives you lots of area to launch away from the road and only on strong westerly... Get someone to launch you there as the shells and barnacles will puncture your kite. Island View will sta...