Search found 6 matches

by konabud
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Golf Travel Bag borrow or donate or buy?
Replies: 15
Views: 3369

Sounds like you travel enough to warrent investing in one....

Best Big Blue, golf style kite travel bag, holds 3-4 kites and 1-2 boards plus accessories, $100 firm, Wade in Comox, 250-334-7531
by konabud
Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Sites around Comox?
Replies: 18
Views: 4779

SE winds usually blow 20+ knots, often can be too windy 40+ knots. Those are the epic Columbia Beach days! 5.3, 4.7, 4.1, 3.5 is my windsurf quiver.
by konabud
Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Sites around Comox?
Replies: 18
Views: 4779

Comox has lots of SE wind in the fall/winter/spring. Usually 5-10 knots more than Columbia beach. Goose spit (inside or outside) and Alders are the best. Columbia is 45 mins drive south. Spring and summer brings intermittant NW winds and Singing Sands road has great sailing. Nimpkish is 2.5hrs north...
by konabud
Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:38 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30487

I would sponsor the webcam if it were to go at the comox spit (pay for the install, monthly fee, etc). It would give us info on how much water is in the bay, wind strength, and if anyone else is out... Quite often the wind starts to kick-up here before Columbia Beach and it could be used as a wind g...
by konabud
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:22 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: quality over quantity?
Replies: 12
Views: 3362

I think that the site has become so good with the webcams etc, that it sould be a pay site. Have an annual fee and password. Could use money for more webcams (Nitinat).
by konabud
Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: directions to columbia and pipers
Replies: 9
Views: 3740

Victoria north on inland highway past Nanaimo, Second parksville exit to old Island highway. North through town, past french creek marina over small bridge. First right onto ColumbiaBeach road. Down to water, then right. Beach access three houses up. Parking lot will be full tomorrow, bring your sma...