Golf Travel Bag borrow or donate or buy?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
extremekindness Erik

Golf Travel Bag borrow or donate or buy?

Post by extremekindness Erik »

Hey Friends!

Erik Hanson here. I am headed on my annual brothers surf/kite/adventure trip with my 2 younger bros Jay and Carl to Playa Del Carmen. This is the 6 or 7th annual with past trips to Costa Rica, Baja, Washington State, Tuff city, and beyond. Jay is instructing kiteboarding there so it works out perfectly.

I am looking for a bag to pack my gear down in. If anyone has one they want to get rid of or at least borrow. I would be really appreciative.

Have a swell day.

EKE.
Attachments
THEHANSONBROS.jpg
THEHANSONBROS.jpg (361.19 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
konabud

Post by konabud »

Sounds like you travel enough to warrent investing in one....

Best Big Blue, golf style kite travel bag, holds 3-4 kites and 1-2 boards plus accessories, $100 firm, Wade in Comox, 250-334-7531
suf or die
57palm

Post by 57palm »

go to a golf store near you and buy an big golf bag (for over your club bag). Cheap and will fool the airlines. You need not buy a marked up kite specific bag.

RM
BK

Post by BK »

Hey Eric... I have a Best Golf (Kite) Bag. When are you going and returning? I am planning a trip as well, so I will need it for that. PM me let me know... And for those KOOKS out there... Measure your board before you buy a travel golf bag. Golf clubs are shorter....(And it will probably cost more$$$)
Paul

Post by Paul »

yes measure your boards first!..... I checked out all the golf bags and found them to be to short. I order a deceiver one from Vancouver.
BUT!!! if a 48" bag works there is a really nice golf bag I saw at Value Village Victoria for about 36 last week I was almost tempted to pick it up.

Paul
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hi Eric,

I have one that I have used in the past. You are welcome to borrow it for the winter. It is a topflight and fits a Zen 135, not sure if it will fit a Mako. Pm me if you are interested.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
57palm

Post by 57palm »

BK.................i guess you are better at handling clubs than me too.! Likely all the free time you have.

RM
BK

Post by BK »

Yeah like a Wind Addicts Annonomous Club that some KOOK suggested we try and start...And then...Get this...KOOK doesn't even show up...Good Try Ruben... For someone who so "Pro Community Spirit" You sure aren't getting started on the right foot...
If you had any real balls you would show up at the beach and you could put your money where your mouth is and try to learn the sport instead of sitting at home being a KOOK WANNABE... Pretty tough to take someone like that serious...
BK

Post by BK »

Sorry Erik... You are too nice of a guy to have this shit happen on your thread...
Ed

Post by Ed »

medication refill due now!
57palm

Post by 57palm »

I have been pondering the "pros" advice that said "wait for May and good winds or go down south" . Very confusing forums, with such contradictory information. So winter is an appropriate time to learn ?

medication x2

RM
BK

Post by BK »

Just starting to have fun, who needs meds?
Going down to the beach and talking with people, getting to know the community, getting informed.. Bad idea... Yes wait till summer....
Feel free to pm me if you want to have more of these pleasant little discussions, I think Eric was just trying to get ahold of a travel bag for his holidays...Can you help him out or not?
AC

he hey

Post by AC »

check out the golf shop across from walmart.
i picked up an extra large for 90$ Wilson.
Fits up to a 150
extremekindness Erik

thanks all

Post by extremekindness Erik »

I think I got something hooked up! You are all great. Hope you score some winter wind!

EKE
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

hmm, good, that was quite the thread for something like a $40 kite backpack bag I got in the Gorge fits 2 kites and 2 boards and doesn't look like kite bag......hope you can afford the air fare 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....