texted you ozy, i am at 604.786.9006
by juandesooka
Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Buy or Sell
Topic: Cabrinha 5m $350
Replies: 5
Views: 1249

Re: Cabrinha 5m $350

Hi ozy...sorry for delay...didn't see reply. I'm in sooke but come to vic every week or 2
John
by juandesooka
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:43 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Buy or Sell
Topic: Cabrinha 5m $350
Replies: 5
Views: 1249

Cabrinha 5m $350

Bought shaggys 5m a month ago for a spare, now surplus. Unused by me so still has shaggy's funky magic. \:D/

Cabrinha crosswing v2. Carbon handles.
Two canopy patches.

Has has plenty of use but still has lots of life in it.
by juandesooka
Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Skateboard for winging practice
Replies: 6
Views: 1537

Re: Skateboard for winging practice

haha, I would buy one if even a tiny bit of that magic would rub off. I don't think the board itself matters that much. The surfskate main feature is the trucks: front one has a different pin and is configured forward, I think for bigger turns, and the rear truck is much higher than front. The wheel...
by juandesooka
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:48 am
Topic: Skateboard for winging practice
Views: 1537

Re: Skateboard for winging practice

Big fan! It's surprisingly fun, you get going fast with not much wind...assuming smooth pavement, very little drag. Great way to practice tacks, get the dance moves down, oddly it seems easier than gybes on the skateboard. I have a surfskate (mine is landyachtz, carver is the big name). This means v...
by juandesooka
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:47 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61272

Re: Windsurf Foiling Discussion

I used slingshot for sup foil....the H2 was my favorite when the waves got big enough. Probably halfway between 76 and h5...may be a good mid option, Probably find them cheap now
by juandesooka
Fri May 20, 2022 9:05 am
Topic: Wing Repair - Should we always expect it?
Replies: 7
Views: 1686

Re: Wing Repair - Should we always expect it?

That's a sad reality in winging, it's not if but when. As BWD said, most common in beginner phase, then you figure out ways to minimize it, avoid the avoidable. Not as frequent later on, but if you are pushing it with conditions or moves, you will inevitably fall uncontrolled and at that point the d...
by juandesooka
Thu May 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Topic: hand placement
Views: 1866

Re: hand placement

You are over thinking it. The hand switch is so brief its not worth worrying about. You don't hold a handle with 2 hands. You don't need to use different handles. You don't need to reverse grip. Just switch. You can also switch to front handle, wing luffed briefly, in between if you want to break it...
by juandesooka
Wed May 18, 2022 1:21 pm
Topic: hand placement
Views: 1866

Re: hand placement

My advice for initially learning to jibe, aka turning. Keep it simple! Switching hands is just back hand forward, then front hand back. You don’t hold a handle with both hands, or reverse, or switch handles. Don’t try to do a turn and foot switch at same time to start. Practice on land first to get ...
by juandesooka
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:19 pm
Topic: Pumping questions
Views: 1777

Re: Pumping questions

Should have added too: bigger stab also increases lift and helps pump. Though also introduces some drag for speed and not as turn-y high performance. All of these trade off in the package...some days I might lean towards big foil small wing, or others small foil big wing. I tend to prefer powered ri...
by juandesooka
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:23 am
Topic: Pumping questions
Views: 1777

Re: Pumping questions

Agree with everyone, bigger foil wing makes a huge difference. There is a noticable difference between low aspect and high aspect wing lift in light winds. Low aspect lifts you straight up at slow speeds and has very low stall speed...you're kind of just standing there, pump the sail to get moving f...
by juandesooka
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:25 am
Topic: WingFoil Videos
Replies: 32
Views: 11982

Re: WingFoil Videos

A little Ocean Rodeo tribute video ... Hallelujah for Aluula!

by juandesooka
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:34 pm
Topic: New to sport/ weekend conditions
Replies: 2
Views: 1597

Re: New to sport/ weekend conditions

Hi Joe: nice to meet you today. Too bad not a bit more wind.

IV for south east or Ross Bay for west is your best bet locally. This time of year, Columbia Beach and Comox are much more dependable ... longer drive, but a higher probability of a decent session.

See you on the water
john/juandesooka
by juandesooka
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Topic: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil
Replies: 14
Views: 7276

Re: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil

Agree with above. Winging for me is fundamentally about wave riding. If it is sub 14kt and no swells, I'd rather kitefoil -- and you'd better off wind foiling. Same for going fast, your GPS tracks show you are going 50%+ faster that wingers on average. So if that's a goal, winging isn't optimal. Whe...
by juandesooka
Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:04 pm
Topic: WingFoil Videos
Replies: 32
Views: 11982

Re: WingFoil Videos

I =D> Ocean Rodeo's Aluula 5m ... that's a mighty fine wing