Search found 44 matches

by themorb
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:16 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 11
Views: 5366

Re: Where to start?

Re: costs and gear piling up...... I was a relatively experienced kiter and not-very-good windsurfer... I had never kite foiled... I got wing foil gear... after about 5 sessions I thought, hey foiling would be good with a kite...... enter kite foiling....... now I have even more crap in the van and ...
by themorb
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:37 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: GPS Tracks
Replies: 28
Views: 11339

Re: GPS Tracks

Thanks I was meaning to reply to my own post — tried guided access and it works great!
by themorb
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Question for the guys who tuck their phone in their wetsuit........ came in tonight and my iPhone had locked me out for 15 minutes due to too many incorrect PINs from the touch screen picking up my wet wetsuit. Any tips to avoid this?
by themorb
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:14 am

Although cool, I have been seeing some fairly unimaginative tracks being uploaded... "mowing the lawn" I believe is the phrase... I have ordered a waterproof phone case and will be participating soon, and therefore propose an ongoing challenge to produce creative or artistic tracks :lol: h...
by themorb
Thu May 27, 2021 10:05 am
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13559

Looks great but I also cannot log in. One suggestion -- I preferred the arrows with different lengths on the wind maps instead of the new Beaufort scale thingies. They seem a bit hard to interpret at quick glance. Love the quick look forecast! In the spirit of equality, if you are splitting wind sur...
by themorb
Wed May 12, 2021 10:36 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100432

fly his wing up high like a kite, so he put these longer lines on his wing, .... Last time at Pat Bay, me and AJS reaching back and forth light wind session nothing intense so my mind wanders and I'm looking at my kite and his wing thinking you know these are fairly similar, just mine has strings.....
by themorb
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:02 pm

Re: OR Wing

game changer *takes a shot* The difference being of course than a carbon bike can't get split in half while sitting on the beach doing nothing thanks to an arrant sharp object. Bikes are also more serviceable over time whereas any fabric exposed to UV/salt/sand goes one way. I understand the appeal...
by themorb
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:47 pm

I was all set to buy a new 4-in-1 board but they are a PITA to transport and most are very expensive. Based on all the winging pics and vids recently I am questioning whether I will use the mast track much on my 4-in-1 anymore. Thinking I will get a wing and just use it as 3-in-1 -- wave SUP, wave ...
by themorb
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:59 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 53820

I have had 1 tendon universal snap in waves and a number of times a 1-bolt universal has come loose and separated (I now check periodically that it is tight.) Never had mast extension separate from base (US cup here.) I can also say from experience foiling behind a boat, with no rig attached, when y...
by themorb
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:16 pm
Topic: Changing tuttle foil mast angle
Replies: 7
Views: 2862

Nice work! Looking forward to hearing how it flies. Flew great today, not totally scientific testing because I didn't have time to swap back to the stock piece before the wind picked up, but I seemed to take off way better with only a 4.5m sail in quite light wind. Either my skills have improved dr...
by themorb
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7132

Maybe he secretly he wishes he was a kite foiler so when the conditions are perfect for that he gets excited \:D/
by themorb
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Ya it seems stable (the connection, not my riding :P ...well I haven't ridden it yet!) Other than some tiny air bubbles, which I understand come from ambient moisture, the material seems good. I have used it once before on another application and it withstood stresses much stronger than what I think...
by themorb
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 am

If you knock out the cylindrical nut things (they are press fit) and remove the torx screw from the top, the plastic comes off. It is tight and I had to tap it off, but it is not glued! Did you find yours was tight, grantmac? I tried old tuttle fins in the Hypernut and they were snug but not too tig...
by themorb
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:21 am

Changing tuttle foil mast angle

I thought I would share my experiment in case anybody is interested. As has been documented elsewhere, some boards with significant tail rocker have their tuttle box angled back (the bottom of the tuttle was set flush to the rocker of the board.) This causes a foil to point down at the front. To ach...