Search found 10 matches

by BenB
Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:41 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 126282

We've had a roof top box for kite gear. Personally I've enjoyed the slow lumbering ride directly overtop of the front wheels. It's a completely different (enjoyable) experience :)
by BenB
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:54 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Weather Station I want to donate to a good location
Replies: 43
Views: 14925

I've tethered my phone (rogers) to my computer lots in the past at clover and had many hours long of work sessions...until someone starts feeding the damn birds and it starts raining poop.
by BenB
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:55 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Moments of Stoke: What are yours?
Replies: 49
Views: 14526

When Kiters & Windsurfers get along
by BenB
Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:09 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Calling all Kiteboard Travellers!
Replies: 14
Views: 3623

Spent time in Boracay last December. Extremely warm and shallow which is great for learning. It can get very busy on water with 200+ kites. Some wave action outside the reef but only for experts. The island itself is completely geared towards tourists. You won't find an authentic Philippine ...
by BenB
Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 23691

This little guy paid me a visit Sunday morning. Tried to get into my beer cooler the previous day but gave up when he only found warm beer.
by BenB
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 pm
Topic: Kiting lessons
Replies: 30
Views: 8423

Thanks for the info. That's awesome. 3 days under my belt and am working on going upwind but can stay upwind fairly reliably. Any other known beginner spots closer to town? Cook st is obviously out due to launch/landing and traffic. Although perhaps on a steady 20 knot thermal? Not the storm cycle ...
by BenB
Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 pm
Topic: Kiting lessons
Replies: 30
Views: 8423

Re: kite lessons

Bobson wrote:...the first weekend training session up at Nitinat
I'm just starting out as well. Is there any other safe places to learn other than Nitinat? Seems like such a long wait considering it doesn't start until June/July.

Are Port Renfrew or Island View Beach acceptable for learning?
by BenB
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm
Topic: Kite App Idea
Replies: 3
Views: 1185

SmallWaveSteve wrote:Not sure if this a legit thread, or shameless advertising, but an app that essentially does all that already exists (kitetracker)
Very cool. I was not aware of kitetracker. Thanks.

Ben
by BenB
Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm
Topic: Kite App Idea
Replies: 3
Views: 1185

Kite App Idea

Hey, I have a pretty rough idea about an app or service I've been thinking about and want to run by you guys. My main questions are: -Would you use something like this? -What modifications would you make to the idea? The idea: An App (iphone or other) that you take out with you during your session ...