Search found 52 matches

by gnarf
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:38 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: gordon's beach cams
Replies: 4
Views: 2699

If you want to shame them for walking on the boulders to one of the Main spring/summer kite spots to launch then just rewind the video on camera 1! The trespassing issue is not cool. Thats just short sightedness by self entitled people lacking respect for the land owners and the local kiters. How ha...
by gnarf
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:31 pm
Topic: Localism
Replies: 28
Views: 13833

hey , great topic! Can we rewrite hockey or golf rules after?
by gnarf
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Replies: 26
Views: 18789

I can help with the IV cam install as long as it’s not windy...😂
by gnarf
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 am
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Replies: 26
Views: 18789

I am interested in helping as far as going door to door and asking people if they would be willing to share there view.. I'm just not sure if this has been done yet and if so when and what areas have said no already , or the specific details involved with hosting as I'm sure each camera has its own ...
by gnarf
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 am
Topic: Tahiti, French Polynesia, south Pacific stuff
Replies: 17
Views: 10955

Whoa that looks like a mental forecast!! Hopefully
We
Get to see some kiting footage from that!
by gnarf
Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28449

Great thread. Such a cool place with epic wind and people. I really hope I get a chance to make it up there this year.

Will there be a day use fee?
by gnarf
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:49 pm
Topic: tefgel in Victoria?
Replies: 4
Views: 3733

I also got mine at Trotac
by gnarf
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Chemtrails
Replies: 7
Views: 7518

Chemtrails are not related to weather, it is all about government mind control. For this reason it should be moved to "Off Topic" . and quickly before it's too late. I have to disagree - if you put aside the conspiracy theories about wether modification or mind control (I’m not really sup...
by gnarf
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 am
Topic: Kiting in Nanaimo
Replies: 38
Views: 18582

Whoa that’s crazy! Yeah don’t kite at pipers on a nw! Looked super gusty at the launch when I was there once and after bullshitting with one of the local windsurfers I took his advice and split for some other beach he told me
About with cleaner wind on the beach.
by gnarf
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:00 am
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 120571

This would be good for foilers
by gnarf
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: The Bubble
Views: 5644

The Bubble

The Bubble - I’ve heard different theories about the cause like the bubble but the bubble at Gordons yesterday kinda blew my mind because it was really windy outside and I could have thrown a rock into the wind that was just offshore but along the beach there was nil zip zilch nada bubble which is c...
by gnarf
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite Foiling around Victoria?
Replies: 5
Views: 3077

There’s a bunch of people Foiling at Gordon’s but it has a lot of kelp and crab traps once the thermal season starts.
by gnarf
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Chemtrails
Views: 7518

Chemtrails

I have been hearing some stuff about chemtrails and yesterday noticed a plane making giant circular chemtrails over the Olympic peninsula for quite some time which also happened to coincide with the wind dying... What’s the deal? I figure the bwd community is heavily weather based and would likely k...
by gnarf
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:37 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Lost Ben Wilson
Replies: 12
Views: 5352

Thats sucks. I hope it turns up.
by gnarf
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 am
Topic: New Zealand
Views: 3956

I just saw a couple clips from a place called New Plymouth on the kiteboarding Facebook group and pretty sure I've seen footage from there before. Might be a good spot to check for waves and wind.