Search found 115 matches

by firstonlastoff
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:46 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Post-Covid Oregon Coast Wave Special
Replies: 8
Views: 2191

Re: BWD Post-Covid Oregon Coast Wave Special

Not going to say it, but something looks right, like the right color, 3rd drop-down over from the home page button. Thanks bwd for website time and effort. Possible arrival SOC in time to miss the morning meth sale, but in time for a wind sail on Monday, June 20th. Hope to see some of you again. Me ...
by firstonlastoff
Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61392

Re: Windsurf Foiling Discussion

seeking comment on any or all of the following; This is from a foil newbie, somewhat decent long-term windsurfer ( though I've been skiing more during the border closure these past few years ). I've got a windfoil platform coming soon to my feet, and it has a double track for foil mounting. This pla...
by firstonlastoff
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13553

I just tried, and the new site told me to *&^%, ....so yes, I was unable to log in.
by firstonlastoff
Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100370

So, what is the current thinking about the fun factor of foiling in light wind?
For me, is it competitive for low wind with kiting, kite foiling, and wind foiling ?
by firstonlastoff
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast cis-Windsport Corona Freeish Wave Camp 2020
Replies: 18
Views: 9726

Pretty much all year for those who live directly in the corridor to catch the good days. Easterly during the winter are more probable, very high winds, and very cold, at sites closer to Portland, but note that the wind and current is in the same direction...check out the ' gorge is my gym ' for Hood...
by firstonlastoff
Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61392

Someone speculate. What volume of Wizard was Greg using ? ( I am referring to the video posted above by BigD ).
by firstonlastoff
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:58 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82463

I just sold off all of my really big ( traditional ) gear. Hadn't used that in about three years or so. Just have two wave boards and several small windsurfing sails left in my basement, and I will keep that gear and keep sailing it. I am watching and lurking. All foiling looks like fun, just the do...
by firstonlastoff
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17223

Why does the THE Red Baron, the windsurfing wizard from Uclulet who can toss a windsurf board or a beer like no other, use an avatar that looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?
by firstonlastoff
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm

relative quantity of energy expended during wingfoiling ?

Curious. Does wingfoiling tire the arms, as it looks like the arms a bit more active than windsurfing, and positioned higher above the shoulder, but it could be more the vantage point of the pictures and videos I've viewed. So, for those that have windsurfed, do your arms, legs, torso, get tired mor...
by firstonlastoff
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:44 am
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 53800

Has your wife caught you foiling around in the pool ?
by firstonlastoff
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 120513

and from the other end of the $ spectrum

USD dollars !

Unimog - like, go find your own beach

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs ... 10699.html
by firstonlastoff
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:25 pm

The size of the inflatable boards makes wing foiling quite amenable to travel. In case anyone is looking, its not obvious yet on the GONG website how to find these boards (at least to me). https://www.gong-galaxy.com/en/product/gong-sup-inflatable-hipe/ I need something to keep me going amongst the ...
by firstonlastoff
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Punta San Carlos kite camp October 26th?
Replies: 26
Views: 12533

I drove in a few years ago. Did it after speaking with others who had. My ride was a mini-van, loaded down with water, more liquids, gear, and some food. I would drive again, as the whole drive from here to there, and back again, has tremendous exploration options, but I would not ever do it again i...
by firstonlastoff
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:48 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Pan-Windsport Meth Free Wave Camp 2019
Replies: 62
Views: 31113

I was lined up to attend the Thai truck/restaurant as often as possible.
Not now, me out.
Reason, a business trip has been dropped into my schedule.
But, location is outstanding and I likely otherwise wouldn't ever get to.
I've added some days to the end of the trip.