Search found 31 matches

by Ridelikehell
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:54 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: 2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics
Replies: 82
Views: 24371

Otisdadog, This is the f*cked part- The fee schedule for all BC parks and trails campsites are calculated on a "cost recovery" basis meaning they are not for profit. Ditidaht has taken the contract on the grounds that they want to profit. It's a conflict of interest. If you read the fee sc...
by Ridelikehell
Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:02 pm

it's supposed to be dummy locked or just closed. it's a huge safety issue if they ever lock it so let's make sure they don't.
by Ridelikehell
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 am

if you read the fee schedule, the assumptions are based on single occupancy of sites, yet multiple occupancy is the norm during busy times. The fees are set by the gov't to cover costs, so because the assumptions are oof, the fees are higher than they should be.
by Ridelikehell
Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am

2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics

Attn: All Nitinaht Rec Site Users (please fwd this to any and all rec site users), Here is the latest and probably the last from me until we have a final meeting (hopefully) with Ditidaht, FLNR, myself and possibly others. As mentioned earlier, Colleen from Ecoplan and the ministry have been very he...
by Ridelikehell
Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 am
Topic: Nitinaht Sauna Authorized!
Replies: 21
Views: 6071

Nitinaht Sauna Authorized!

Attached is the letter of authorization from the ministry to build the sauna at nitinaht. If anyone is interested in building it please print the letter in case anyone gives you any grief. Note that the sauna plans must remain the same or very close to the plan that Herman had approved (There had to...
by Ridelikehell
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 am
Topic: Windfest
Replies: 0
Views: 660

Windfest

Just a quick note to let people know that we are requesting that no glass bottles be taken onto the beach during the windfest weekend. We are planning on posting signs at the beach entrances to remind everyone. If you haven't hit the liquor store yet, please buy cans if you can or bring plastic cups...
by Ridelikehell
Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Windfest this year?
Replies: 11
Views: 4120

I don't think the fire ban is officially over yet. However, we are trying to get permission to have the saturday night beach party fire as long as the wind conditions cooperate. It will likely mean having a big water tank and pump on site from the village as well as some of the volunteer firefighter...
by Ridelikehell
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 am
Topic: Kiting in Penticton
Replies: 17
Views: 3266

She'll need an 8 or a 10 for the average wind there. Not worth going out on the really light days in the summer, more frustrating than anything if you're trying to learn. Not a great place to learn unless you have a boat every time you go out. If you have a boat launch at kaleden beach for north win...
by Ridelikehell
Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest
Replies: 3
Views: 2066

I heard from Judi a week ago or so. She said this year Windfest will be a kite only event on August 14, 15. For poleskippers: Judi said the Western Canadian Windsurfing championships will be at Nitinaht in mid July. In past years Windfest has been a hugely successful event in terms of stoke and fun....
by Ridelikehell
Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:02 pm
Topic: Nitinaht and Windfest Photos
Replies: 1
Views: 779

Nitinaht and Windfest Photos

Here are some links to photos I have posted from windfest and my summer on the island. There are a few aerial shots of Nitinaht as well from my paramotor. Also a youtube link of my take off from the beach. Enjoy! http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=154000&l=238fc&id=597720191 http://ww...
by Ridelikehell
Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:11 pm
Topic: Nitinaht Kiting Video
Views: 1371

The video is from june in either 2002 or 2003, i think 2002 though.
by Ridelikehell
Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:09 am
Topic: Nitinaht Kiting Video
Views: 1371

Nitinaht Kiting Video

I finally posted this old school video from Nitinaht on youtube. It's old school as far our level of kiting goes anyways. hahaha. My first stab at any kind of video editing. Kind of long (about 20 minutes) so I had to break it up into 4 videos. I should add that there's some language in the soundtra...
by Ridelikehell
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:28 pm
Topic: MYSTIC Harnesses. A Watershed in Harness Comfort
Replies: 6
Views: 1920

I tried a mystic harness and i personally found it really uncomfortable. I also didn't like the buckles. I'm happy with my o.r. harness, although a bit more padding wouldn't hurt. My prolimit was quite comfortable but after one season I broke 6 things on it in a week, the quality wasn't there (I onl...
by Ridelikehell
Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:30 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Wetsuit Repair
Replies: 9
Views: 2263

Goop is good but Aquaseal is better as it is made specifically for repairing wetsuits and is more flexible than goop after it dries. If you need to use extra neoprene, put it on the outside of the suit so it doesn't mess with your skin.
by Ridelikehell
Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:00 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: COLD FEET NO MORE
Views: 1304

I Have the same ones. Around this time of year we ride in icewater. I still have to tape the top of these booties to slow the influx of cold water but if you do that they are very warm even in icewater. Easy to get on as well because of the grap loop on the heel.