Drysuit

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
paulie_aus

Drysuit

Post by paulie_aus »

http://gallery.npxwetsuits.com/video/12 ... s-overview

does anyone have one that might have some imput?
BK

Post by BK »

Not sure why you would want to get all decked out to go snowboarding when you are really trying to go kiteboarding. You should check out the O.R. surf drysuit or a pyro drysuit.
Last edited by BK on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy Beach

snowboarding/drysuit suit

Post by Sandy Beach »

:lol: BK

Maybe, living on the west coast, you could go kiting/snowboarding all in the same day without changing your outerwear.

Appears like these drysuits are 'men's only' with the convenient front fly for the emergency pee.

Definately, looks like an interesting new concept/design for winter kiting and it would be good to see some consumer reviews.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

I see what they are trying to do, but it just looks like raingear. plus the harness under the jacket bit makes you look fat. OR is way ahead on this sort of product, they had a baggy kite suit years ago. i do like the P flap.
SC0

Post by SC0 »

The suit does look kinda snowboarder-ish and not my taste... kinda half-bad-ass... regardless, I kited last year in Maine with a guy who had one and he loved it to pieces. PM me if you you want, I could put you in touch if interested.
colin

Post by colin »

Baggy. What's with the snowboard look. The jacket not being attached to the pants until the chest leaves a huge sea anchor to get caught up during bails, especially since the harness goes underneath. Fashion not function. Go with proven O.R. functionality.

http://oceanrodeo.com/drysuits/predator
kite+waves=!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

well, I know by now I'm not the only one who's gotten caught trying to swim with a baggy something or other.....if you get into trouble good luck swimming with something like that. Looks pretty nice but what Colin said. :idea:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Baggy = bad in the water. Poor swimming function will be the most notable feature after great above-water mobility. Forget about that suit in any waves; it's more of a liability. It's mostly fashion before function, in my opinion. Let the snowboarders wear it. Venting the hood won't help much with the bucketing effect that's sure to happen. There's a reason why seals, dolphins, etc aren't wearing hoodies and baggy pants, yo!
Poultry in motion
frank

Post by frank »

...it would still looks better with some boardshort overtop...!!? man, that's a cute boy......i'm going shoppin!
"I stand strong in da babylon...i'm the captain of my soul" Burning Spear
colin

Post by colin »

Boardshorts would make a nice look. Suck it right in around the waist and bring it down to the knees.
kite+waves=!
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Try the Predator, awsome suit and good for waves. I've used it all winter for surfing and some kiting. Just follow JL's link and read the reviews.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!