Ocean Rodeo Bar

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
JasonD

Ocean Rodeo Bar

Post by JasonD »

Hi! Does anybody know what newer OR bar/kite combo will work with '06 5th line Broncos? I am looking at buying a newer 10m kite and would prefer if it had a bar that I could use with my '06 kites. thanks
kendra

Post by kendra »

I doubt 1 bar will work well for you. The newer kites ride quite differently. It could work (specially if you play around with lines lengths coming off the kite), but it seems like your setting yourself up for rigging errors. And thats not even getting into the hassel of switching back and forth between 5 lines and 4. When I'm trying to figure out if I should try and go cheap w/ kite gear or just bite the bullet, I ask myself if I would cheap out on a parachute. Usually I am dumb enough to cheap out. Good luck.

PS This message is not from Kendra
BK

Post by BK »

I have a 2010 kite 11m Rise with bar and lines if you are interested. Unfortunately it does not solve your 4/5 line situation.
Kendra's imposter is right. Don't look for the cheap fix. Spend the money and do it right... Whatever that may be.
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Oops! I guess I didn't word my first post properly. Sorry!!

I'm not looking for the 'cheap', I did that last year when I bought the '06 Broncos and the only reason I did that was to get a light wind kite (16m) and having 3 other kites and a bar thrown in was just a bonus. I'm looking for a newer(2010+) 10m kite and I was simply inquiring whether or not Ocean Rodeo kites use the same bar set up now as they did in '06.
Lots of kites are being sold without bars and it would be nice to use a newer bar with my older kites.

Thanks BK but I have a 12m and the next lowest one is a 8m so that's why I'm looking for the 10m.
JL

Post by JL »

1. Bridled kites MUST have at least this bar: http://store.oceanrodeo.com/Ocean-Rodeo ... plete-60cm ... You could use it on a BRONCO, BUT as previously pointed out you would have to remove the fifth line when you flew your RISE or RAZOR . 2.O.R. is changing the setup a little for 2011: A second set of pulleys on the front lines will be activated when the bar is released fully (longer throw) as the kite will roll onto its back in a neutral position.: http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/2643/ If your budget allows the 2011 setup would be a safe & fun way to go ... Those of us who have been kiting ~ 10 years have seen HUGE changes in safety , performance & durability while cost has remained reasonable !!!
Thermals are good.
BK

Post by BK »

Yes JL... Amazing to have watched the progression over the last 10 years.
2 line Wipikas to what we have now...Kinda feel lucky to have been a part of it.
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Thank you JL! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Now for a kite.....
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I have a 2009 10 m RISE with bar

Gareth
250-882-1981
Its all about the adventure and stoke!