BWD tshirt & logo design

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.

BWD Logo redesign?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:37 pm

I like the existing logo as it is
54%
I like the existing logo, but I'd like to see some small updates, like a new font
15%
I'd like to see a newly redesigned logo since I don't like the existing one
31%

Total votes: 26

Cj

Post by Cj »

Just my opinion,

I would like to see the original logo on the front, small and left side. The new new design, large and centered on the back. White or grey shirt. Summer vibes!
somebody said " go fly a kite".
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Cj wrote:Just my opinion,
I would like to see the original logo on the front, small and left side. The new new design, large and centered on the back. White or grey shirt. Summer vibes!
BINGO :!: :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Something like....
Attachments
Tshirt-mockup copy.jpg
Tshirt-mockup copy.jpg (45.92 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
JL

Post by JL »

Nice. 8)
Thermals are good.
Windsurfish

Lets get some made!

Post by Windsurfish »

Looks great JC - Thanks lots for the work you have done!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

what I'm talking about, nice work 4J!!

.... just thinking about our neighbors to the south and how we spend a lot of time there......how can we inject some Canadiana? I mean, apart from the roosters which are still a classic.....not sure where a red maple leaf could fit, it sorta clashes with the blues...any ideas? The only place I thought a red leaf would fit is perhaps in front of the Bigwavedave on the back or make it the "w" somehow....the leaf sorta looks like a W....or instead of the rooster have a bear claw or a beaver tail come out of the waves, eh :D good thing I'm NOT designing this thing :oops:

How many rooster & water spout orders would we need to have a print run of THAT motif with a BWD logo in front? Is it a big deal? I know you can have mugs printed with one offs, why not clothes? Maybe we COULD have it all :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!

~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

I think I know what you are getting at, Kus. If I had more skill I'd like to make some T-shirt art that is instantly recognizable as Vancouver Island. Cold surf, grey skies, windblown treed islets, orcas and sea lions, etc. It is a very special place. The columbia beach sea lion and longbeach photos are very inspiring!

There are many distinctive icons that we can consider incorporating in future designs.
KUS wrote: .... just thinking about our neighbors to the south and how we spend a lot of time there......how can we inject some Canadiana? I mean, apart from the roosters which are still a classic.....not sure where a red maple leaf could fit, it sorta clashes with the blues...any ideas? The only place I thought a red leaf would fit is perhaps in front of the Bigwavedave on the back or make it the "w" somehow....the leaf sorta looks like a W....or instead of the rooster have a bear claw or a beaver tail come out of the waves, eh :D good thing I'm NOT designing this thing :oops:
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I'd wear that. Nice work 4J!
Give'R
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

~~~~~4j~~ wrote:I think I know what you are getting at, Kus. If I had more skill I'd like to make some T-shirt art that is instantly recognizable as Vancouver Island. Cold surf, grey skies, windblown treed islets, orcas and sea lions, etc. It is a very special place. The columbia beach sea lion and longbeach photos are very inspiring!

There are many distinctive icons that we can consider incorporating in future designs.
KUS wrote: .... just thinking about our neighbors to the south and how we spend a lot of time there......how can we inject some Canadiana? I mean, apart from the roosters which are still a classic.....not sure where a red maple leaf could fit, it sorta clashes with the blues...any ideas? The only place I thought a red leaf would fit is perhaps in front of the Bigwavedave on the back or make it the "w" somehow....the leaf sorta looks like a W....or instead of the rooster have a bear claw or a beaver tail come out of the waves, eh :D good thing I'm NOT designing this thing :oops:

Or maybe some back-bacon sizzling on an igloo, or a moose guzzling maple syrup. Or a hockey stick wielding beaver chugging Lucky?

Nah.

The design's great!!
Poultry in motion
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

:lol: well said winddoc.

Nice back design fourjay.
My other hobby is channel surfing
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

:) well I WAS joking about all but the innocent maple leaf :? :roll: whatever
Wish less, sail more!!

bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hey I like the idea of a small maple leaf somewhere, the tricky part is where. Maybe as the dot in bigwavedave.ca or above and right of the .ca ?

I'm proud to be canadian and that it's a .ca site and not a boring old .com. Although a .xxx would have been cool too.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I like the idea of a little maple leaf somewhere. If it was red how much would that change the printing price? As I understand it each colour you add will increase the cost. Maybe a matching blue maple leaf would be a nice subtle addition.
Give'R
xmyxlife

Post by xmyxlife »

Maybe if you're a toronto maple leafs fan!!!??!??
Naturally, i could never support a blue maple leaf.
Turn Down The Suck!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I like the idea of incorporating the maple leaf into the "dot" part of the "ca". Keeps it clean while adding the understated Canadian vibe.
Poultry in motion