Caberete

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Ryball

Caberete

Post by Ryball »

I'm heading to Caberete over Christmas...just wondering if anyone has any good reviews/recommendations for places to stay. Ideally right on Kite Beach as we want to kite as much as possible.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

We stayed at the Velero Beach Resort when we were there. Great place but at the opposite end of the bay from the Kite Beach. About a 15-20 minute walk.
I wish my TOW was longer!
Skeltic

Post by Skeltic »

I spent 6 months there and have a few suggestions. BUt first I don't know you so I ask how good a kiter do you consider yourself and what conditions do you prefer ie waves huge med small
Ryball

Post by Ryball »

I'm a good kiter as I've been at it for 4 years now. I pretty much ride small waves and haven't played too much in the big ones yet. My wife can stay up wind most days but occasionally has some moments where she ends up way down the beach. So ideally, if you have any recommendations for spots to stay that could be good for beginner - intermediate, that would perfect.
Skeltic

Post by Skeltic »

To me kite beach is good but I would rather have new folk launch just downwind a few hundred feet from Viva Wyndham Tangerine, it is the best learner spot and as an intermediate you can try you hand at those big waves on the reef off shore. Also do yourself a favour and one day go up wind to at least the Victorian which is about a mile east of punta pinta and try to go up wind hugging the beach to the river, big river can't miss it. Then turn back and ride the the breaks all the way back to town.

Have fun.