Kite destination March

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jazzydoc

Kite destination March

Post by jazzydoc »

Where is the best kiting in March...1st two weeks. Ideally warm. Equipment repair available. I was thinking La Ventana but am worried that the wind is getting sketchy at that time. Thanks.
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The locals say that it is windy in La Ventana through to April and some of the best sailing as most people have gone home. The latest I have been here is early march and it was great. So can't comment personally about later than that. Martin is gone by then too. Our friends Pam and Jaak are here later I'll check in with them.
CTK

Post by CTK »

Was debating a trip march 4th to 11th to La Ventana. Just unsure about the wind. Any suggestions? What is the wind averaging around this time?
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Wind stats for Kanaha in March: Greater than 15 MPH = 27 days, greater than 20 MPH = 23 days, greater than 25 MPH = 10 days. Not as good as June, July and August, but very close. Waves should still be around too. North Shore Kite Repair is the best I have ever encountered. Very fast as well.