Sayulita Bucerias Puerto Vallarta

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
haidagwaiisurf

Sayulita Bucerias Puerto Vallarta

Post by haidagwaiisurf »

Any Kite schools in the Nayarit area? Thanks again.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Not to my knowledge from when I was there 5 years ago in November... of course that isn't super helpful.

I think Bucerias is a better bet though, I hear they can get wind at times - there is some windsurfing there apparently.
arturo

Bucerias

Post by arturo »

There is 9 meter to 14 meter kiting in Bucerias from February to June but generally light afternoon wind , so surfboard or large twin and 14 meter usually works ok I have been there twice and kiting was light
colin

Post by colin »

Mainland Mexico kiteboarding stinks. I have traveled the whole coast by road. Only places I got out was one day in Mazatlan, one day in Barra De Navidad, and one day between PV and Barra.
kite+waves=!
Gdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gdawg »

Just got back from Punta Mita (10 minutes north of Bucerias) yesterday. This trip was family / surf driven so I wasn't watching specifically with an eye for kiting. That said, I was told by the local surf shop that there are a bunch of people kiting locally every afternoon when the seabreeze kicks up. I don't think there is infrastructure there though. Afternoon breezes were typically light - 12-15 knots tops.
haidagwaiisurf

Post by haidagwaiisurf »

Thanks y'all. Just back and it's very true that it is a fickle light wind spot. There were probably 3 out of 4 days that a 14 or 16m would have been awesome in the afternoon wind, but I didn't see a kite the whole time. Surf was on par for this time of year, but a big board and big kite would have definitely doubled my time in the water.