Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Andrei's service is on Saturday, June 16, at 11:30 am
Moscow time at St. Nicholas Naval Cathedral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Nichol ... _Cathedral
Poultry in motion
Fish

Post by Fish »

Sadness.

Surreal despite knowing this was on the radar for quite a while.

Andrei, we will miss that mischievous grin, odd food choices, stories of russian army misadventures, and your positive attitude in the face of overwhelming odds. Inspiriation for all of us. You were one tough meat cookie Dood!
FISH
morewind

Post by morewind »

today held the update to the RD forum that I've feared would come ... while this day seemed inevitable, I've seen people recover from the brink, and I held out some hope. Sadly, it was not to be for Andrei.

Andrei will be sorely missed.

A couple of things:
- I'm pretty proud to be part of this group of people who rallied and supported RD so much during his illness.
- I'm looking forward to the coast trip, where we can share RD stories and celebrate his life.

Mike
Sandy Beach

Andrei we miss you

Post by Sandy Beach »

Andrei, our hearts are soaring in the wind with you, and Elena will need +++ positive, loving comfort and support in the upcoming days.
The photos of you at various places at different times over the years bring back warm memories and show the strength and bonds of your island wind community. You will be greatly missed in so many ways :cry:
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
C36
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by C36 »

Yesterday I delayed my trip to the Oregon Coast by two weeks, because something felt ‘off’ and I decided it would best to go when the BWD crew where there in numbers. Now I know why – it will be wonderful to join in the celebration of your life with sun, sand, wind, water and waves!

Although Andrei is gone from us, his courage remains.

The older I get the more I have come to realize that people are very important and the rest, to great extent, is just stuff. With family and friends we have time when we get to walk together and then time when we walk without them. Elena and Andrei have been blessed with time to walk together. But that must also make parting very difficult. So it is with a heavy heart that I write to extend my deepest sympathy on Andrei’s passing.

If you are lucky, you come across a few people in your life who you like right away and you can trust right from the start – Andrei and Elena were just like that for me. Although the path we have travelled didn’t overlap for very long, I feel blessed to have met and known you both.

To all of Andrei’s family, loved ones, and friends, please accept my deep and heartfelt condolences. I hope you all have many happy memories to help you through this most difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

With tears and great sorrow.
blackdogvan

Post by blackdogvan »

I'll miss your smiling face Andrei. Very sad.

Reuben
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

:( truly sad news. My condolences to the family and wishes for strength and courage for the upcoming days for his family and loved ones. As others have reflected I also will miss his enthusiasm and energy on and off the water.

Dale
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

So sad. I'm going to miss you bro, we had a lot of good times together...on the water and off.
My other hobby is channel surfing
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

When I think of Andrei I find that my thoughts always cause my face to break into a smile :wink:
He gave a warm gift of easy human company wrapped with entertaining stories of a past life full of foreign and fascinating experiences. It was a privilege to share some very happy times along with adventures and new challenges... from the early days at Nitinat.. doing the walk of shame with him to successes at Florence and then Pistol River.
It was almost a year ago when Andrei, Wingnut and I were camped along the Rogue River that he mentioned his headaches. My thoughts were that perhaps this was a result from a week of wave sailing at Pistol River. Andrei thought he should level out his van and not sleep on a slight decline :wink: This was not to be the case ...
Since that time I learned just how truely courageous our friend was.
Thank you Elena and RD's spirit... which is huge...for sharing time throughout this precious year. Hugs and warmth .... Pat
What a Beautiful Difference One Single Life Made
Globe

Post by Globe »

I'm very sorry to hear this tragic news - he was an incredible guy keeping such good spirits all the way through - and a talented sailor from what I gather. I lost my mother to cancer last year, its incredibly difficult losing a loved one, I know what you're going through. stay close to friends and family, they are invaluable in these difficult times. my sincere condolences Andrei will be greatly missed -
Todd
Wavos Rancheros

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Andrei was one of those people who could seam together all of the things that make a good group of friends, and we are lucky all of us to have known him, even though this community reaches through so many experiences.

He will always have a home in our memories, as I can see him smiling now, standing in the waves at Gordon's Beach, mid session.

It is the same glow he shared with us, and it will always be riding with him, out in the waves.

Will miss you Andrei,
Roger
bean

Post by bean »

I can't believe it. RD had the most buoyant attitude, and exuberant love of this sport and community. That glint-eyed smile ... I'll miss you brother. Bean.

Andrei

Post by GWIND »

Do Pirates go to Heaven ?

Sure hope so.....
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
dunkinguy

Missing my Dude

Post by dunkinguy »

So sad to hear this news. I am happy to have been able to see you and Elena for one last time on that epic JR day this winter. Dunkingirl and I have great memories of you force feeding BWD and us watermelon in the gravel pit in HR, Watching, and wondering how you could eat the potted meat and the miles of laughter we got out of you getting mad at the Mexican teen lovers with the pimped out car and tunes blasting. Your response with the classic Russian dude accent, "Frreakin Mexicans. I'm trying to enjoy my meal." (Potted meat). You battled hard my friend. I'll miss you.

Trev
Love The Hate!
nanmoo

Re: Missing my Dude

Post by nanmoo »

dunkinguy wrote:Your response with the classic Russian dude accent, "Frreakin Mexicans. I'm trying to enjoy my meal." (Potted meat).
Haha! I can't perfectly envision him saying that complete with accent!
Don't forget to bring a towel!