Cook cam zoom default

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Cook cam zoom default

Post by more force 4 »

Hey Dave, does the web cam default to a wide view? In wide view, about 20% of the pixels are water. Full zoom is around 90% or better. Wide angle is pretty, but I find I need the zoom to read the water conditions. I think someone (probably a non wind user!) must like to look at dogs or joggers or something, its always going to wide angle.

PS, the 'Start over' button on the chat input box is bigger and more tempting than the 'submit' button. They both start with "S" if you don't read carefully. I keep hitting it by mistake. Small deal, but ...
bwd
Developer
Developer

nope

Post by bwd »

Hi MF4: no the cam doesn't default to any view. I have noticed that it's on the wide angle a lot too. I actually use the wide angle to check to see if any people are on the water - you can see kites out at the launch site using the wide angle. Then if I see anyone on the water I zoom in for a closer look. Also I think hang gliders and paragliders use the wide angle too. Wide is also good for checking cloud cover. But 'my' favourite view is one back from full zoom.

Thanks for the comments, I can move the Start Over button,

dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better