Beginner board wanted, borrow or rent Aug. 5th-12

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Barb W

Beginner board wanted, borrow or rent Aug. 5th-12

Post by Barb W »

Does anyone have a board or two we could borrow or rent. Something like a Starboard Start or Go, 140-180 litres, with daggerboard. My friends want to learn how to windsurf. Will be on Vancouver Island Aug. 5th to 12th. They could pick up the board on the mainland, if needed. They will probably want to buy gear, if all goes well.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I had sent you a PM :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Sandy Beach

Re: Beginner board wanted, borrow or rent Aug. 5th-12

Post by Sandy Beach »

Barb W wrote:Does anyone have a board or two we could borrow or rent. Something like a Starboard Start or Go, 140-180 litres, with daggerboard. My friends want to learn how to windsurf. Will be on Vancouver Island Aug. 5th to 12th. They could pick up the board on the mainland, if needed. They will probably want to buy gear, if all goes well.
Hi Barb,

I would suggest getting in touch with the great instructors at Windsurfing Parksville for more information about lessons/gear.

<a href="/http://www.pqbnews.com/sports/163120666.html" target="_blank">At home in the bay, Mark Kiefer loves to get out on his own when not teaching lessons with Windsurfing Parksville</a>

We get to regularly windsurf with Mark at Canal Beach, when he ventures over the hump to big, strong thermal winds in Pt Alberni. Sounds like they are breathing new life into our great sport of windsurfing (booked up with many summer lessons of kids/adults) just 45 minutes away in the wide open bay/beaches of beautiful Parksville.

We refer many mid-island inquiries about lessons/gear to them and suggest, once proficient at staying upwind, come back to Canal Beach in PA to sail with us!

Hope that info helps!!
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction