Lost teeth

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Nimpkish-Bill

Lost teeth

Post by Nimpkish-Bill »

To the looser who kept jumping in front of me yesterday at Cook st, blue 9m Rebel. Those failed jumps where I had to drop into the water to avoid running into you 4 times will get you a quick trip to the dentist. We had words on the water.
dangerdane

Post by dangerdane »

Better bring a friend Bill. I think he's tougher than you... :lol:
Gord Baines

Post by Gord Baines »

I appreciate the actions of others on the water can be frustrating and even dangerous; however, you might want to consider that the words you chose in your post above could earn you a visit from the local constabulary and a trip to court.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Lost teeth

Post by KUS »

Nimpkish-Bill wrote:kept jumping in front of me yesterday at Cook st, blue 9m Rebel. Those failed jumps where I had to drop into the water to avoid running into you
so the question becomes ....when we have acreages of water space....why do we all jump/ride in the same spot :?: it's usually to do with proximity to the reef or a good wave area or......could it be the camera man :?:
Let people have their turn, line up, give way or as a beginner/intermediate get out of the area to practice your jumps.... and expect to have the favor returned.....no respect toward others will result in deterioration of fun on the water. And we've all taken someone else's right of way at times...so perhaps one or two times are forgivable.... :evil:
Repeatedly being cut off tho, not acceptable. I know firsthand how Bill feels so Mr Rebel, take note, we're comin' to git even :wink: At least he knows how you felt Bill. Better than staying quiet about it :!:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

With no break, reef, point, impact zone or sweet spot, there is soooo much room at Kook street, especially for the kites since the breeze is better up high. Can't we all just spread out and get along!?!?!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Snarfer »

Ya, like when I snowboard over the people in front of me at Mount Washington, they should be looking up the hill for me.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

I'm taking up golf if this happens again

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... g-sue.html
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

no reef at kook st? tell that to my 8.5" (formerly 9") fin. :x
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

downwind dave wrote:no reef at kook st? tell that to my 8.5" (formerly 9") fin. :x
yeah, normally but it was super high tide....

Anyway, guess if you are tailgating someone
Snarfer wrote:Ya, like when I snowboard over the people in front of me at Mount Washington, they should be looking up the hill for me.
and they bail and you have to avoid them, well guess what....you were following the wrong guy :lol: and if you do that 3 more times after the first one, well, guess you are a slow learner :wink:

are you kidding :?:
skywalker wrote:I'm taking up golf if this happens again

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... g-sue.html
Love THAT! :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
arturo

Post by arturo »

now now kiddies , we are just here to have a good time but it is a serious pain in the ass when some one decides to launch a big air upwind and comng at ya , and thats why I get the hell outta dodge cause I don,t like people and gear falling on me , but we are just having a good time and feeling our oats and getting off and being wreckless and confident but geez why jump on a buddy when you can have the whole enchilada in watson land and just be carefull of those camera magnets on the beach that tempt our egos
Globe

Post by Globe »

maybe this is why i haven't been kiting this last month?...
just not really interesting me right now...
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

I am pretty sure that Bill forgot to log off from his computer and somebody "hack" into his account and posted that. If not the case he mean, more politely:

"If you learn/practice new tricks or learn jumping which is more than likely going to end up in mutiple crash can you please do it downwind of the heavy traffic area, i.e The birck stairs or near clover point itself as oppose to the busy area (reef,camera,launch area), thanks."

Unless cook street is that busy now that the stairs and point area are also super busy? Was cook street a lot busier this year compare to last summer?

Ned,Todd,Reuben,Dane,Collin,BA,Marty anyone? (is cook street a lot busier compare last summer?)

Can't wait to get the hell out of Quebec City and back to Victoria, at least you guys can kiteboard/windsurf once in a while...
Nimpkish-Bill

Basics

Post by Nimpkish-Bill »

After a couple of run-ins with a kiter 1 1/2 years ago, I started looking around while kiting. Try it, and you will see that only about 1/2 the people on the water DON"T actually look back before they transition. It's about giving a fuck about whats going on around you. Failure to do so results in frustrations and rants like this. Any activity that turns you and your kite into a BOUY should be done away from people and the busy areas. The same goes with tricks and smashing people on the beach with your kite. Yes people transition via loops and jumps within a line length of dog walkers. Another great manuever is to kite right up to someone launching, turn and head out. This is a classic, head up the ass move which should be avoided. Lets just have fun and look around as we are on the water. The beach and water area we share extends outside of our reptilian minds so open the eyes and brains and all will be fine.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

hey Bill get your ass and your guitar to the arroyo so you can blow off that steam! More DISTORTION!!
curses - foiled again!