Driving to LaVentana

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Agree, and I have enjoyed them to the fullest up to now.
Presently on the "no wheat thing" . Lost 20 pounds from 185# to 165# so I very very happy! and so is my "skimboard".
Don't know where you would find the hand ground corn tortillas though.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

are they selling wheat tortillas in Mexico now? I'm outraged! Taco Bell franchises? Ah, thank you NAFTA :cry:

I've lost 25 pounds over the last 18 months. Nice to be able to drop a gear size!

I think I'll be looking for a break from North Coast rain and storms by Christmas. Baja is looking very, very enticing!
Sandy Beach

winter LV planning

Post by Sandy Beach »

Likely flying for us, and looking at a extended vacay (late Dec to late Jan) with hopefully lots of wind most days for kiting :D
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Martin

Post by Martin »

Greg your palapa is still standing even if it does look a bit ragged!
Sandy beach, late Dec. to late Jan. should get you lots of good kiting days. :D

Things are getting back to normal after the heavy rains.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Martin wrote:Greg your palapa is still standing even if it does look a bit ragged!
Sweet! I can taste those icy cold Pacificos and hot juicy tacos already. Greg I'm bringing a hammock down this winter so save me a good hang out spot... :D
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Martin

Post by Martin »

Lots of fresh Dorado and Cabrilla at the restaurants and taco stands right now!
Grilled with lots of ajo (garlic). Deliciosa!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

if the sailing logs aren't enough, it is going to be a loooooong winter :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

here's a description of the drive through Baja this season (from the Ventana View):
Just arrived and the trip down was one of the most beautiful green landscapes I have seen since 1987. First, the road is in great shape. They are finishing up several spots and had only one 5 mile stretch of gravel. They have all the Vados cleaned out except guess. From La Paz to La Ventana. Was the most pot holed road on the whole trip.
The scenery will take your breath away. From the turn from the Pacific just before El Rosario. The landscape looks like a broccoli field for miles then it gets even more vivid green with endless shade of it going to the horizon. One stretch south of Catavina has what looks like Morning Glory's on both sides of the road for about 15 miles with more shades of green and pastels. Looks fake but stunning. Keep your camera ready. You won't recognize La Ventana. Happy Motoring. Jorge Loco
-----------------

i hope the greenery doesn't have a dulling effect on the thermal.
curses - foiled again!
Vik

Post by Vik »

Anyone have a suggestion for an online Mexi car insurance option you like?

I've checked out Baja Bound and would like to compare rates.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

i bought a personal liability licence that follows me and not the vehicle from Vagabundos del mar. it was $90. there is no comprehensive with this.

https://www.vagabundos.com/

our vancouver friend Brian was insured with them, t-bones a cop at a 4 way stop in la paz and he called them and a bilingual agent showed up on his behalf. he discovered the cop was uninsured and the damage to his vehicle was covered. The agent was definitely working for him!
curses - foiled again!
Vik

Post by Vik »

thankgodiatepastafobreaky wrote:i bought a personal liability licence that follows me and not the vehicle from Vagabundos del mar. it was $90. there is no comprehensive with this.

https://www.vagabundos.com/

our vancouver friend Brian was insured with them, t-bones a cop at a 4 way stop in la paz and he called them and a bilingual agent showed up on his behalf. he discovered the cop was uninsured and the damage to his vehicle was covered. The agent was definitely working for him!
I used to do the low cost liability insurance with my Mazda. The F150 is too new to drive without some sort of collision insurance at least for a few more Baja runs.

I'll check out your link. Thanks!
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

i'm a bit jelly Vik. next time i hope to have the comprehensive on a newer F150 too! my rattlebucket won't do this drive again!
curses - foiled again!
arturo

Post by arturo »

For the last four years I have driven down to La Ventana , usually around the first week in November and this year because of a slow project I will not be leaving until Nov 30 and this year I am flying because I left my camper in Cabo at a storage compound that I have used in the past numerous times when returning to Victoria on business during the winter season . With the price of gas and the size of the camper the fuel generally costs about $1200 - $1400 one way plus the meals and other extras and visits to gyms to shower and stretch and the 6 days of driving , so round trip is about $3000 to $3400 driving a loaded van. Flying on the other hand has never cost more than $450 one way booking at the last minute with Alaska airlines. My flight on Nov 30 is $329 with travel insurance and taxes leaving Victoria at 6am and arriving in Cabo at 4pm with pick up of the van at 5 pm and atwo hour drive to La ventana where I stay at kurtn,marinas for $16 day on the waterfront with full hookup service and a nice big beach and great launch between the government campsite and Baja Joes. I love this place , the little village is very charming and the familys that live there are the best and friendly .. There is an abundance of good stores that sell quality produce 100% guava tequila and fresh seafood . The fishermen are always willing to sell there fish , filet it fo 40 or50 pesos for a snapper , tuna or dorado that will easily feed five hungry kiters . Most days we go on 7 kilometer downwinders at the hot springs . If I could figure out how to post some pictures I will send them . Definitely my favorite place on earth

hey Art. Yes flying is looking more and more appealing. And if you have a vehicle in mexico then you are styling!

To load up photos to BWD:
click Gallery
Gallery Home
Create / order my albums
Upload File

I think...
curses - foiled again!