Ocean Rodeo/ RVYC KOOK ST Crew Event

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Teabag

Post by Teabag »

An important note for anyone willing to give something to the silent auction / fundraiser;

If, like me, you were afraid that your product / service sell for so low that it would have been better to sell it regular price on whatever forum and give a cash donation instead, don’t worry. You can set a minimum bid price, to make sure enough go to the fundraiser, while someone gets a good deal as well.

I msg Luke and he explain me how it works, so here is a copy and paste from what he send me for the rules, they will be posted on site as well ;

“All items will be display on a table in the back, with a bid sign up sheet beside them. To place a bid, legibly print your name in the starting bid space or on the line following the highest current bid. Indicate your bid in the appropriate space on your bidding row. All new bids must be higher than the previous bid by at least the minimum raise indicated at the top of the bid sheet, in order to be valid (some items might not have a minimum bid / raise).

A bid is construed as a legal agreement to purchase the listed item(s) at the amount indicated. All bidders must be 18 years of age or above.

Usually all winning bids must be settled before the end of the event but since we are a small community and we know pretty much each others, late payment (as in the next 3-4 days) can be accepted as well by either cash, check or e money transfer. Failure to make payment will guarantee a very unpleasant visit to your house from Bobson and 240 on the fifth day.

Bids may only be voided by an auction volunteer or staff member due to valid bidding error. Please seek assistance if you find an invalid bid or make a mistake during bidding.

The auction will close at 21h45, at which time the highest bid on each bid sheet will be declared the winner. If conflict arises over identifying the last valid bid for an item(s), auction staff has the sole discretion to determine the winner or to impose an alternate method of closing the item for interested parties, including, but not limited to, a sealed final bid.”

(I’ll be honest I added the failure to make payment part)

Thanks for the info Luke. I wrote it here in case that there was other people wondering to.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Forgot to ask;
A guy from Squamish and another one from Comox asked me if there was a way they could bid on the board even if they cant make it to RVYC (a long drive / ferry). I took their info/speak with them and told them to text me the evening of, and will write their name and their bid on the bid sign up sheet and inform them on the current bid (mainly between 2115 - 2145) and will update their bid as required.

Is this fine with you guys? Can they also bid on other items if they want?
(more people = more chance of raising more money this way, delivery will not be a problem)

Tks for the info, Ian
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

good point. You can also bid and pay later. !

Looking like a HUGE evening out!! Good food, and good times.

Big thanks to everyone who is coming. Bring your friends!
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

sounds awesome, wicked contributions.

I may be getting called away for a long weekend but want to leave my donations, can I drop off and/or have someone monitor? Ian? thx. 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Update of donation, see below.
Last edited by Teabag on Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Add a Maui "Women of the Islands" calendar to the list 8)

Appreciating four months of 2013 are already gone (where we all should have been on Maui anyway :wink: ) it is still a nice, tasteful addition to any.... generally male's.... office space.....right beside the BWD dedicated webcam monitor :twisted:

Starting bid: $5 :?: increment $1?

EDIT: Sorry, this is a NEW item, don't mean to start a garage sale!
Last edited by KUS on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!

Obsessioned

Post by Obsessioned »

I cannot express my gratitude enough to you guys and gals for the incredible effort you're making.

Could you image being told that you won't be kiting or wind surfing anymore? Is that a thought that petrifies you? It sure scared the shit out of me!

As many of you know my wife and I have been enduring dark times since my cancer diagnosis in October of 2011.
I was told that I wouldn't be able to kite during my first chemo treatment in 2012, and I managed to pull off about 50 sessions, plus I got my IKO instructor cert, and taught in the Bahamas for a couple of weeks. I even won a nice dinner from one of my docs because he bet me I wouldn't be kiting in 2012.

I was diagnosed with recurrence of the disease last December, and just had a stem cell transplant & high dose chemo last month. I was told I would be in bed recovering for 3-4 months. A month and one day after my transplant I had my first session at Cook St.!

Our local kite community has been a source of inspiration and support for me and Michelle throughout this experience, and all I can do is thank you so much for your continued generosity and energy. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with you on Friday at the RVYC, and sharing my gratitude with you in person. And if you can't make it, I'll see you at the beach!

Sincerely,
Steve
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

Teabag please add:

Naish Element open cell foil kite... 7.5m c/w bar/ bag
starting bid $45 increment $5

also old school ProLimit Medium harness $10/$2
Winddiva

Post by Winddiva »

Teabag,
The painting is unfortunately not of Cook street but is a painting of a kiteboarder surfing a wave :) I figure starting bid 50$ increment 25$
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.... Thee anser is blowing in the wind ~~!<)~~~
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Thanks for the sweet latest addition Collin!!! (see bottom of list)

- CKR Comox Kite Repair $100
- Starting Bid: $35
- Minimum Raise: $5
(no expiry dates, can be split to different kites and at different times )

- 2 X Pairs of : ATAN Booties from Vancouver Island Windsports
(value $80 ea)
(two styles, in size 3 each (men's 9-11), can provide other sizes too, totally trade-able size 2 (ladies to men's 8 1/2) and size 4 (men's 12-13)

- Mystic Shadow Harness Black Large (used)
(value ~ $125)
- Starting Bid: None
- Minimum Raise: None

- Case of 12 Rumble Healthy Drinks from Rumble
(value $65)
- Starting Bid: $20

- Nobile 2011 NHP KiteBoard (used)
(value ~ $350)
- Starting Bid: $150
- Minimum Raise: $10

- Intro to Kiteboarding Lessons from StrongKiteboarding
(value $150)
- Starting Bid: $75
(expiry date: End of season 2013, ~ end Aug-Sep)

- KiteBoarder on a wave painting by Alicia La Rue
- Starting Bid: $50
- Minimum Raise: $25

- Kiteboarding Painting by Rasta
- Starting Bid: $20

- Island Flyboard lesson by IslandFlyboard
(valued $200)
- Starting Bid: $75
Expire end of August 2013, lessons will be book based on availability.

-Naish Element Open Cell Foil Snow/LandKite (used)
- Starting Bid: $45

-Old School Pro Limit Harness (used)
- Starting Bid: $10
- Minimum Raise: $2

-Maui "Women of the Islands” calendar
- Starting Bid: $5
- Minimum Raise: $1

-2 Tickets for Rock The Shores on Sunday July 14th 1pm-10pm
(Weezer, Sam Roberts Band, Mother Mother, AWOLNATION, Vince Vaccaro and more@Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre lower fields)
(Value $120)

Everyone(if you don’t mind): - Please ask some of your friends that cant make it to this event (wind addict or not) if they want to buy something from the list, you pay for them they reimburse you later. Maybe some would want a training lesson? Maybe the tickets for Rock the Shores? etc... Ask them what is the max they are willing to go start low and update bid as necessary.
johnz

Post by johnz »

I've got the Airstyle DVD here (at OR) if anyone is in the area can you come by and grab it? I can't make tonight and need to head north from work so was planning on not coming back into town before departure.

Much love to Steve and Michelle, see you back in the office soon enough Steve-O!
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

I can be by at 530 if nobody else can grab it earlier
(Maybe stash it around the side for me to pick it up if it comes to that?)
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

I'm heading that way bout 4:30...

John I will give ya a call soon and steve you'll see my text!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Killer event, guys! Glad to have made it there and best of all to see Steven and Michelle in good spirits :idea:

Thanks for all those who contributed and the MC's and the RVYC for the venue and snacks :!: Gatto, you dog, paybacks are hell :evil: for outbidding me on that harness in the last second when my back was turned....
Wish less, sail more!!

skywalker

Great job everyone.

Post by skywalker »

Thanks again everyone. I will tally up the results and give the donations to Steve today.

Some people that won the bids will need to contact me to settle up. I will post the winning bids today.

Congrats! I think we cleared 2000 for Steve.
these are not the pumps you are looking for....