Upwind at Nitinat PSA

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
MartyD

Upwind at Nitinat PSA

Post by MartyD »

Hope everybody has a great season. See you upwind!
Last edited by MartyD on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GWIND

Post by GWIND »

You are right.
Last edited by GWIND on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
winddude

Post by winddude »

beginner kiters should be downwind, so they don't interfere? This is the way it is everywhere else in the world...
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
kookkiller

Claiming stake

Post by kookkiller »

First time I have heard of anyone claiming the beach in this fashion. Are there going to be signs posted too I would hate to get in your way. The last shops that were up there had to do business from the trailer outside the gas station. I guess you have some sort of documents stating your claim..
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

Sounds like the crown foreshore is getting growded. How much upwind? All the way to the river? Need a bit more explanation than what sounds like "My beach, I'm here first with all my trailers and jetskis, you go somewhere else."
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

I know Marty had trouble getting his jetskis a place to park!!
Last edited by abetanzo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Marty has post traumatic stress disorder from his leg injury. He's obviously not thinking straight. As everyone so politely stated."we will go were we damn well please"!
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

The Crown land is for everyone and now people are claiming the beach front outside of the crown lands??
Last edited by abetanzo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

noone is claiming anything. marty, marie etc.. just have a hard time pulling the jet skis out in certain places, especially with an injury. so kindly don't block the skis is all. there is a big beach so we can all get along. calm down everyone and we can find another forum or place to get out our frustrations. Nitinat is and always will be a grey area in flux when it comes to regs.
curses - foiled again!
GWIND

Land claims

Post by GWIND »

When we put up the fences, I would like to claim the boat launch area for me.
Is that OK? Then I can sail a boat out from there. I'm excited.
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
MartyD

Post by MartyD »

I am kidding don't worry. I would not claim something silly like that.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

As a beginner taking lessons in NN, it did seem unfortunate to have to do my downwind dances right through everyone else's fun. Inconvenient for the regulars and kinda scary for the out of control newbie. If you could go back in time and change things, wouldn't the kite launch be better downwind of the windsurfer launch, as winddude suggests? And if so.....could or should there be some kinda meeting of the community to find a consensus on the ideal setup....safe, convenient, and effective?

Or is the launch sketchier down towards the end of the lake, that it doesn't work well for kites?
winddude

Post by winddude »

What happens in squamish is begginers for lessons are taken out in a boat downwind to avoid all the hassle and safety concerns of getting dragged through everyone's path. This is something you're instuctor should have known... and pretty common sense. In most beaches around the World the kitesurf area is downwind of windsurfers, and not just beginners.

juandesooka wrote:As a beginner taking lessons in NN, it did seem unfortunate to have to do my downwind dances right through everyone else's fun. Inconvenient for the regulars and kinda scary for the out of control newbie. If you could go back in time and change things, wouldn't the kite launch be better downwind of the windsurfer launch, as winddude suggests? And if so.....could or should there be some kinda meeting of the community to find a consensus on the ideal setup....safe, convenient, and effective?

Or is the launch sketchier down towards the end of the lake, that it doesn't work well for kites?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

winddude wrote:What happens in squamish is begginers for lessons are taken out in a boat downwind to avoid all the hassle and safety concerns of getting dragged through everyone's path. This is something you're instuctor should have known... and pretty common sense. In most beaches around the World the kitesurf area is downwind of windsurfers, and not just beginners.
Thing is, that's not how it is done in Nitinat and as far as I know hasn't been done for the 10 years or more lessons have been done there. Each group has their territory pretty clearly stamped out ... the culture is established, and it would take more than common sense to change it at this point!

I suspect it's a launch issue though ... I was only there once, can't remember what the shore wind was like past the "windsurf launch".[/quote]
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

The thing is, if we move the kiters downwind, we take away a lot of the windsurfers entertainment.
Don't forget to bring a towel!