frozen finger fun

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

frozen finger fun

Post by more force 4 »

BWD
The snow turned to rain, and the temp climbed to 4 deg C, so it was time to go sailing! Gareth and two other kiters (sorry guys, my memory....) were pumping up. I rigged my 7.5 as it looked marginal. Had a fun 20 minutes when my booms came loose on first run - trying to re-rig chilled my hands down nicely. Got a few nicely powered runs in, but mostly schlogging or pumping to get on a plane. Bobson came out and convinced me to do another couple of runs - the wind lulled about then, but then clocked to the south and came up a little. Gave some nice runs into the beach with the swell. Bobson can say more...
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Chilli hands

Post by Bobson »

MF4, dude you gotta get some gloves..?? I got there at Noon and it was letting up....I rigged the 6.9 and started out schloggin' and in about 10 minutes I was rippin' along fully powered up. :lol: Then it backed off for 10 mins so I watched MF4 pack up :cry: ...then it picked up again to about 14-16 knots for maybe an hour or so then it backed off to 10-12 till I finally started shivering in my 3-2 wetsuit so decided it was time to come in at 4pm ish. Got a dozen waterstarts and 5-6 non-planning gybes so all in all a pretty good yet cold day. :P Does anyone know where to get a good pair of windsurfing gloves...not to thick but still semi-warm :?:
JL

Post by JL »

[smilie=rauch06.gif] Bobson: Try some dishwashing gloves.Put a rubber band [or make one from a piece of bicycle tube]around your wrist, loose enough so hot water from your suit cycles into your hands.Not so tight that it cuts off your circulation!!! :oops: TRy shepard computers[excel]381-2001.They should have some inventory of cold weather gear.Bosuns is another good bet.I put 'pogies' on my kite bar,but they seem impossible on w.s. booms........ :cry: P.S. had about 2 hours of fun on the water today!
Thermals are good.
morewind

Post by morewind »

I've tried a few things (neoprene gloves, dishwash gloves) and have found some open palm neoprene mitts to work the best for me. :idea: the open palm part seems to reduce wrist strain. I bought them at windance in the gorge..here's a link ... hey, they're on sale! [smilie=flamer.gif] http://www.windance.com/default.asp?win ... tem~PL_HSM
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

Hey try this. Go out for 15-20min wait for your hands to get cold. Come off the water warm them back up to normal comfy temp and go back out. Your second time out your hands don't nearly get as cold! I've also tried latex gloves... they help but rip way to easily!

dave