Dear Dude who kept moving my SUP off of the beach...

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
The Raven

Dear Dude who kept moving my SUP off of the beach...

Post by The Raven »

During my two week stay at Nitinat in July, I left my SUP on the beach in amongst the wind surfers that people also left on the grass near the swing. Someone, kept moving my inflatable SUP up on the rocks near the swing where not only were kids were stepping on it, but it was on it's side which is it's most vulnerable area to puncturing.

Since when do other people touch, never mind move, other people's gear? Beyond it being incredibly off side, it is rude. I can only assume some wind surfer felt that SUP's are not allowed on that part of the beach.

If you know who would be so ignorant, please remind them that the beach, like the lake, belongs to everyone.

Keep your hands off other people's property. Seems like common sense and courtesy to me.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Dear Dude who kept moving my SUP off of the beach...

Post by KUS »

The Raven wrote:..I can only assume some wind surfer felt that SUP's are not allowed on that part of the beach
why "some windsurfer"?...I see your other rant....got an issue? Brewing over it for a month have you?

mighta been the bear, he rubbed his scrotum on your board pretty sure, felt like an inflatable barbie to him I think :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
The Raven

Post by The Raven »

Why 'some wind surfer', because the kiters don't tend to park their kites exactly where my board was. The wind surfers do. I am not ranting. I have not been stewing. I am respectfully pointing out some issues that need to be addressed. No more, no less.

Be crude in your replies if you must. That speaks about your character, not mine.

How about being polite? If nothing else...kind.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The Raven wrote:I am respectfully pointing out some issues that need to be addressed. No more, no less.

Be crude in your replies if you must. That speaks about your character, not mine.

How about being polite? If nothing else...kind.
well ya got the character right, oh feathery flustered fiend, you must be some English major with a Psych minor....

Indeed, then....how would you like the "issue to be addressed", milord? I may meander up there shortly to look after it, sir. Shall I post the appropriate signage? "Don't bleedin' move this Kook's inflatable SUP, you disrespectful cretin"??

that about do it?
Wish less, sail more!!

The Raven

Post by The Raven »

Feel free to attempt to belittle the post. Why you would waste your time is beyond me, but have at it.

The point remains that it deserves to be mentioned that people should not be touching other people's gear. Imagine if someone moved your gear off the beach. You would likely not be impressed, and would be inspired to write a similar post.

I am quite certain that by me addressing the issue, that it does not equate me being a 'kook' in the sense that you mean it. But feel free to keep the insults coming. I am sure you are really inspiring people to do business with you. Cleaver marketing strategy Markus.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

tis what it is, I spend BWD site time like others glued to their facebook page where they post inane stuff ....kinda like you posting such a thing (or your other amazing post)....yes, nobody should be moving gear....obviously.....no, nobody could stop someone moving your board over, probably some kids or someone fascinated by your board....or someone heard you griping and was going it on purpose every morning just to piss you off. It's hilarious to post a complaint here about it instead of dealing with the issue yourself (everyone has done that sometime I guess, usually with the result of some flak).....like there is some beach board police. If you are concerned, haul it back to your campsite or vehicle, can't help but poke some fun 8)

The thing I took exception to is you pointing fingers at (all) "windsurfers" doing something without any evidence.... Kook is not an insult, it's a fact.....As for being clever (cleaver? cleave her? clivver? ...I digress but I do amuse myself), my footer speaks for itself and I have learned to live with it :wink:

BTW I am kind, just not always polite :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!

nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Mystery solved, I talked to one of the local bears and he confirms he did in fact move it. He said to apologize for the berry stains on the deck.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i move people's stuff all the time for example in the evening when guys forget about high tide. inflatable sup might have just got moved for fear of it blowing down the beach. If you are paranoid about your gear you need to put it at your campsite.

ps welcome to BWD 'the raven'
windsurf247

touchy touchy

Post by windsurf247 »

I agree with DWD. I'll move stuff if I feel it is at risk of getting damaged (or floating away) or if it is a risk to someone in the area (usually kids playing). I do it not because I'm a windsurfer, but because I care about the well being of others and their gear, and would hope that someone would do the same for me.
Pointing fingers at windsurfers in general saying that we're all thoughtful and caring will only serve to piss off our fellow kiters. :lol: We're all nice people willing to lend a hand when needed. It's all how you look at it :-)
Cheers!
JL

Post by JL »

So there you go RAVEN, you've got nothing to CROW about :P
Thermals are good.
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

I doubt anyone moved it to show those SUPer's who's boss! If anything liek others have said it was either overzealous kids or someone generally thinking they are helping!

For what it's worth, this thread has added KUS's business to the top of my list for Victoria windsurfing suppliers :wink:
UnusuallyLargeRobin

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

I sure hope nobody moved my shower bag into their possession after I left it there 3 weeks ago! I'm finally going back this weekend to claim it.
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
Cj

Post by Cj »

One time i was so furious that somebody drank all my beer from my cooler... then I realized I was in the wrong campsite!
somebody said " go fly a kite".
Yachtbroker

Stuck in the Fog

Post by Yachtbroker »

Since I have nothing to do this morning...I read this ridiculous post.

I unfortunately/fortunately live in the U.S.

You don't know how lucky you are to have a place like Nitinat.

If you left your kite at the gorge, you would not have it......it would be trampled by dogs, people, and the like and end up in someone's quiver

Politely, Shut up and Sail!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Hard time getting this out of my head. DWD is as often the wise one
downwind dave wrote:ps welcome to BWD 'the raven'
Your statements WERE a bit inflammatory, my apologies for coming down a bit rough on you.
I hope I have not discouraged you from participating in our online/onwater community. See you on the water 8)

CJ: practice makes perfect :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!